Friday, April 19, 2013

Waltzingmouse Flower Show...

***I have two posts today! For my Festive Friday post, please click here!***

I will always credit Claire Brennan with getting me started in blogging, clear stamping, and my general obsession with all things paper. I stumbled on her blog by chance a few years ago, and I couldn't look away... I loved her designs, and very quickly placed my first order. The rest, they say, is history.

So, can you imagine how excited I was when I got an email asking if I was interested in participating in a fun little blog hop, hosted by my favourite mouse?


Today, a whole crew of designers are joining together to host the Waltzingmouse Flower Show! You can find out all the details on the Waltzingmouse blog, and, in usual WMS style, there is a fantastic prize to be had! Claire is offering up *five* stamp sets to one random winner! All you have to do is CASE one of the cards you see on today's hop!

How awesome is that?!

So, you should have arrived here from the super talented Debbie Olson's blog, but if you've stumbled here on your own, you can always go back to the start at Claire's blog!


I couldn't help but create two cards for today's hop... I have wanted to play with this Camellia set for so long that once I got it out, I couldn't stop stamping!

For my first card, I did a couple of techniques together to create my own background paper (you know how much I love to do that...)


To create my paper, I started with the smaller blossom, and stamped it using the rock-n-roll technique in three ink colours. Then I sprayed it with water before stamping down to give it the watery appearance. Once that was done, I went back (after ensuring my paper was fully dry) and stamped the same image and embossed it with white powder. I think it gives it a sort of batik look... what do you think?

Like I said, I couldn't stop there!

I decided to create a really graphic background this time, using contrasting inks and Copics.


I also stamped both sized blooms, cut them out, and layered them with the leaves to create my focal point.

Here is a glance at my background:



A little shimmer spray never hurts anything, in my opinion! I ran it through with an impression plate to give it some texture, before adhering it all together!

Alright, it's time for you to hop over to Aneta's beautiful blog! Don't forget to visit Claire's blog to get the full contest details!

I just want to say a HUGE thank you to Waltzingmouse for having me... I am so honoured to be a part of today's fun Hop, and it was the greatest thing to be invited!

Pin It

34 comments:

Pauline said...

Two gorgeous card Meredith, fabulous stamping as always!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous cards, Meredith! Your stamped backgrounds are always so beautiful! Fab work! Hugs

suezie said...

OMW! You have put so much effort into creating that beautiful background and I love your colour combo - that yellow is sweet. I don't yet own this set but you're making me think I should :-)

Jill Norwood said...

Meredith these are both so GORGEOUS! I just love these backgrounds! Now I want to go get inky! :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Beautiful cards Meredith!! Love the fun colour combo of the second but the first one is my absolute favourite with those yummy colours, rock 'n' roll technique and delicate embossing! So thrilled to be part of this Hop with you!!

Kary said...

So very beautiful!! Love your first card lots - it's exquisite!! Your 2nd card is very sweet. Great job!!

Helen Berry said...

oh my gosh Meredith!! Two absolutely stunning cards!! I LOVE your first with all those different techniques, the embossing looks wonderful over the background and love the pretty ribbon treatment and sentiment. Adore those colours on the second one too. Glad to be hopping along with you today :)

JJ Bolton said...

Such a beautiful job you did with the background stamping! I love the way you stamped the images on the second card in color. (I always seem to be in the black/brown rut when I stamp images to color with Copics) It seems like such a small detail, but it gives it a lovely look!

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful floral backgrounds you created on both of these lovely creations Meredith!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful cards! Your use of doilies and embossing the stamped background have definitely inspired me to get creating today! HUGS!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is stunning, Meredith...such beautiful colors and all of the depth and dimension is really eye catching.

melanie said...

What stunning creation it is beuatiful .Melanie

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - Meredith - these are just fabulous! I think the backgrounds on both are super. Love the soft watercolour effect on the first card!

Marybeth said...

Congrats , these are both very happy blooms. I love the second one and its pretty colors. Beautiful!

Ruth G said...

Really lovely! Such gorgeous colors and designs! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa said...

Fabulous floral display Meredith! Beautiful cards ;)

Deirdre said...

Two amazing cards - so different but both beautiful.

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful Camellia cards, Meredith! Love the mix of embossing and shading on the first...and the second has such lovely, trendy spring colors...so fresh and fun!

*Jennyfer Leung* said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Love the embossed backgrounds and doilies.

Kate said...

Such a delightful pair of cards. Love the contrasting colours of the second but I am absolutely drooling over the colours you used in the first - makes me think of lemon and raspberry sorbet with a dollop of cream or ice cream !!!

Geri said...

Oh, my...can't pick a favorite, Meredith...they're both gorgeous!

Vickie Z said...

Both cards are wonderful!! Love technique/s you used in the first....white embossing on top is fabulous!! Gorgeous BG on the second!!

Cassie_lu said...

the background you created for both is outstanding. beautifully done.

Renee said...

That does appear to be a batik style! And I love the look of the textured card with those gorgeous colors!!!

-Aneta- said...

Maredith ..I love both cards but the second one is my favourite :) I love embosing flowers on the first one BUT just adore the flower background on the second one :) xxx Aneta

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my how I LOVE the backgrounds you've created!! LOVE the white embossed over the watercolored Camellias. And the textures on the second are equally stunning!! You showcased this set splendidly!!

Hippymom83 said...

both of your cards are gorgeous! :) Love how you made two completely different cards, that have a totally unique feel, but with the same stamps!

Jean Bullock said...

Gorgeous!

Claire Brennan said...

Meredith, your cards are stunning, I LOVE the technique you used on the first one! I am so going to try that!! Thank you so much for being part of our Flower show!

fun stamping said...

Gorgeous cards - especially the first one@!

Barb Murphy said...

beautifully stamped, gorgeous designs

Debbie Olson said...

Love them both, Meredith!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I came over from Kim's blog where she has cased your stunning card, Meredith! I've enjoyed catching up!!

Ger said...

Thankyou for your kind comments on my card! Your cards are beautiful! Ger x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...