Thursday, April 25, 2013

So Happy...

Um... how is it the 25th already? I mean, weren't we just talking about the *last* Papertrey Ink Blog Hop? Sheesh... a week in Mexico really speeds things up, doesn't it?

Oh, was that just me? *wink*

Well, indeed it's time for another Hop with PTI, and I am here with my little contribution... I had some fun with this one... I visited my Inspiration Board again (remember my random collection?), and drew from there for today's project.



This month, we were challenged to create on an angle... incorporate angles into our design. I *never* do this, but truly, it was a really easy way to add some serious fun factor!




I had this fun image that I recently pinned, and wanted to turn into a card:

Source
It's part of a collection of free printables, if you're interested!

So, I thought I'd see how stamping on Aqua Mist cardstock would turn out, and tried to replicate this design fairly literally.


I did do a test swatch with my stamp colours, which, if you think you might try this, I really recommend. The shades changed quite drastically as they dried, and the ones I didn't think would look right at all ended up being the ones I used!

So that's my angled design for you! I won't keep you, since you have a lot more stops to make... but thanks for popping by to see what I made!

Pin It

22 comments:

Maureen said...

I love the inspiration! Wow! This card and that stamp set are perfect :) LOVE the white embossing on the aqua :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is a beauty!

Linda said...

This is so pretty. Love the colors.

C Wu said...

beautiful and elegant!

Leigh said...

This is so pretty, Meredith! I love your take on your inspiration photo-- it's perfect!

Pamela said...

I love that white embossing!

Lisa said...

PRETTY PRETTY Meredith, love all of the little floral images!

Tracey McNeely said...

Meredith this is such a beautiful card. Your card and your pin-spiration are perfect!

Colleen said...

Meredith...LOVE your inspiration piece and who did a fabulous job of recreating the look! LOVE your card...thinking I need me some of those little flowers after all!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a pretty card! Love your colors.

DeenaHopkins said...

I have that same poster pinned as inspiration also, you did a great job with it! I love that you stamped directly on the Aqua Mist cardstock, I've been thinking of doing that also.
Great job!

cards by cara said...

Wow, I just love this! The design is perfect and the colour combo stunning!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card.
those blooms look great the way you stamped them. Love the embossing and the white blooms.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the Tilted Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Erika said...

So pretty!!

Kristii said...

Absolutely fabulous my friend!! Love the colorful florals and the white sentiment is perfect!! You totally rocked the tilted challenge!!

Tonya Jastad said...

Very pretty card and color combo!

Jacquie Southas said...

Really pretty - love the flowers stamped on the aqua mist and the pop of yellow on the sentiment panel!

Steph Hilt said...

This is such a delightful card Meredith. You nailed that inspiration piece. Great choice of aqua mist and your colors turned out fabulous. Great tip about doing a test swatch on colored card stock. Thanks!

bjmartin said...

Love your take on the inspiration piece Meredith! And the tone-on-tone angled section works perfectly - adds some interest without taking away from the beautiful flowers!

jw said...

The colors look great on the Aqua Mist cardstock! - what ink colors did you end up using?

paperella said...

Super pretty! You rocked the Mini Blooms set, Meredith!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...