Monday, April 22, 2013

I Love You...

Hello my friends!

We are definitely experiencing beautiful spring weather around here this week! Unfortunately, I spent last week basking in 30 degree weather (that's Celcius, people!), laying out by the pool and suntanning... 14 degrees today felt *cold*!

But, I am back to reality (and LAUNDRY!), and have been catching up with blogland and Pinterest (priorities, right?)... and my friend Laurie recently posted some cards that reminded me of a couple that I made, but haven't managed to post yet!



I have a board on Pinterest where I put all kinds of random images that I see and think I could translate into a card somehow. I can't imagine what it must look like to people who follow me, but it does all make sense when I look in there! Anyway - this is one of those Pins that caught my eye!


I can't track down an original link to this one though - if you happen to recognize it, let me know so I can offer proper credit for it!

Here is the first card I created based on this image...


Not at all my typical style, but I *love* this card... it's graphic, it's bold, and the texture really pops. I think I was channeling my inner Amber on this one!

So then I decided to do something a little more my style, with a softer feel:


This time, I used patterned papers, I roughed up the edges, and the heart is peeking through a negative die cut. Small differences for a completely different look.

So, are you like me? Do you see completely random inspiration in the strangest places? *wink*

Thanks so much for popping in!

Pin It

8 comments:

Kim M said...

Love those nautical style cards! I totally understand about your inspiration photo. It would have inspired me too. :-)

Geri said...

Love both of these, Meredith! I recently hung on to something I would normally trash...just for inspiration...a small jewelry catalog that came in the mail. Gorgeous but natural looking jewelry...quite out of my price range...but I was so inspired by the colors...thought I'd better keep it! So good to have you back!!!

Elena said...

I love both of those cards, but the softer one made me stop and stare a little harder - gorgeous!

Lisa said...

These are both delightful Meredith and what a fun pin photo!

Jill Norwood said...

Meredith I love the inspiration photo and how you translated it into these two lovely cards! They are both wonderful! I am really digging the "dark stripes" trend I am seeing everywhere lately! :)

Paulina said...

I love both of your cards! While the first card may not be your "typical" style, I adore it! The bold colors are just plain yummy!

I have a Pinterest board of nails (weird?) and this one is totally in there. :)

Katie said...

Typical or not, it is one fantastic card! I really like how both cards are such different takes on the same style.

Barb May said...

I love the first card, love the pop of the colors. Would you please let me know did you use wide striped paper or did you make the stripes?
thanks - Barb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...