Friday, April 5, 2013

Festive Friday - Wishing You a Cozy Holiday...

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately... we have had a lot of different things going on here this week, and next week promises to be just as busy. But I am not complaining, because after that, we're going to Mexico!

It's time for some new inspiration for the current challenge on the Festive Friday blog, so I have a new card to share with you using our colours... which I have *loved* using, by the way.


When I sat down to make this card, I had no plan. That's *not* how I usually roll, my friends. But because I had to steal a few minutes when they presented themselves, I had to just figure it out as I went along. I also decided to try something completely different and *way* out of my usual box...


ONE layer people!! If you've been here for any time at all, you know that I just don't *do* one layer... It went against everything I am comfortable with, but that was kind of the point.

I was also inspired by this week's Make it Monday, although I obviously didn't add the layers like Dawn shows. I liked the idea of combining all kinds of images to create stamped layers, though!



I don't have great gold ink, but those berries are supposed to be gold!

There is more time to play along with this one, if you're interested! I had fun with these colours for Christmas, and feel like I could keep creating lots with them - if only I had more time... *sigh*

I can't complain, we are busy for all good reasons... *wink*

Thanks for popping in on me! I am so glad you visited, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Pin It

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I think your collage turned out great Meredith! And the berries look gold to me ;) Have a wonderful time in Mexico, got room for me in your luggage!!??!!

artful-notions said...

I think your card is a pastel perfection. Love your gold berries too.

andrea smith. said...

i just love your soft, pretty color palette!

Geri said...

I love it, Meredith! I think the single layer, along with the collaged stamping makes for a really fresh look!!! Very PRETTY, my dear!!!

Jodi_E said...

Oh so pretty.

cards by cara said...

Love your layers of stamping! This was a fun MIM although hard for me ... Oh, and you'd be so proud of me - I actually had a chance to particpate in your FF colour challenge this time! Whoo hoo! :0

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...