Friday, April 12, 2013

Festive Friday - The Most Wonderful Time...

How kind you all are... it means so much to me that you have left your comments of encouragement, and well wishes as we wait for our townhouse to sell. Apparently there were already a couple of calls yesterday before the listing was even online, so we either have nosy neighbours, or there are walkers that are interested!

Meanwhile, we leave in the very wee hours of tomorrow morning for a trip to the beach! We are going with the kids and Shirley to the same resort we visited in Mexico last year, and I don't think I need to tell you how much I am looking forward to it!


In the meantime, it's Friday! Time for a new challenge over on the Festive Friday Blog... this week's it's time for a theme challenge:

Graphic Source
When I chose this theme, I was picturing the fifties... swanky cocktail parties, poofy skirts and bright, bold colours. 


October Afternoon goodies fit the bill perfectly for me! I love this old image - ones like this make Shirley cry out with delight because they remind her of her childhood (so I knew I was in the right era... *wink*)

And I LOVE the stamp set that was included with the Make it Merry mini-album kit I bought last year... it's one of those sets that just *works*, you know?

So that's what I have for you, but head over to the challenge blog, because the team all interpreted this one differently - so fun to see all the different takes on "retro"!


Pin It

5 comments:

Kim M said...

Wonderful card, Meredith! Love the new theme too. Thanks for the shout out on FF! I hope all goes well with the selling of your house and that it goes fast for a great price! :-). Have fun at the beach!

Lisa said...

Oh now this is just too cute! What a sweet little image Meredith and a wonderful retro card. Have fun at the beach ;)

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card!

Rema said...

Love this card and all things retro.I hope there will be more retro challenges in the future...

Pauline said...

Love this retro feel card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...