Wednesday, April 17, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash...

Okay. I consider myself a pretty quick crafter, when I am well prepared. So, when it comes to the 10 Minute Craft Dash, I like to stretch myself, and see just how much I can do in only 10 minutes. A couple of times, I have felt I wouldn't make it... but that's the fun of it!

But this time... well, this was for *sure* the closest I have come to failing... but I had so much fun with it, it didn't matter!


This week, we are working with a really fun colour scheme, though I have to confess I took some creative license with it...



So, I found this really amazing picture on Pinterest (where all good things come from), and decided it would be really neat to translate into a card some time... and when I was trying to think of what to create for this week's challenge, this jumped out at me from my inspiration board.

Photo Source
And by the way - you should follow the link to the photo source.. what a *beautiful* blog... so many amazing projects that make me wish I had the patience to sew well.

Here is my card:


This took exactly 10 minutes, though I did go back after and sketch in the stitches... it was lacking without. And it actually wouldn't have taken me the full 10, except I was rushing through cutting my hexagons and ended up have to do 2 extra cuts to fix my mistakes.

I just dug through my scrap bin and took out different patterns in the right colour family, and went from there. Even the ruffle is paper, which I wasn't sure about - but I love how it turned out!

We'll be playing with these colours for the next couple of weeks so head over to Pretty Pink Posh to find out more! This week, we're sponsored by Avery Elle, and all you have to do is play along to be in the running for the prize!

Pin It

7 comments:

Geri said...

Oh, I love it! So fresh and pretty! Love your inspiration and the colors for this round, too!!!

Kim M said...

Fabulous card, Meredith! Love that "quilted" flower.

Leigh said...

Wow, Meredith, I can't believe what a fast crafter you are! Your card is lovely!
I find the 10 minute challenge totally stressful and it reminds me that I am not a fast crafter at all....

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty,for a 10 min. card,wow!

Thanh Vo said...

So well done, Meredith! I love how you found inspiration and incorporated it into paper. I bet that was much quicker than the making the quilt ;)

Pauline said...

Such a cute card, and not bad for a 10 minute make!! That would have taken me at least 30 mins lol!

Lisa said...

Meredith this is simply precious! I love the photo that inspired you, off to check out the bog ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...