Wednesday, April 3, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash - Happy Birthday To You...

I can't believe it's time for another Craft Dash! The weeks are whizzing by me...

Paulina always chooses the most gorgeous colour combinations - I love them ALL. This week, I felt like these were asking to be used on a very elegant, simple card.



I saw navy, teal and blush. I think that's where the elegant idea came from: Navy. It's such a classic colour, don't you think?




I decided to let the navy take center stage with my design, and used touches of the others to tie them all together.

Here's what I came up with:


It may be slightly difficult to tell, but I stamped my floral pattern in the aqua shade on my white panel. I also used a navy ink for my sentiment.

This card took me 8 minutes to complete, the bulk of the time being spent on ruffling my ribbon behind my panel.

I have a few tips for you guys when playing along with this challenge, and I really hope to put together a video for you in the next couple of weeks. I am going away on holidays, so it will likely be sometime in May... I hope you can be patient!

Thanks for having a look... head over to the Pretty Pink Posh blog to see what the rest of the team came up with! If I haven't mentioned before, Paulina works hard to find sponsors for these challenges, and they are *good* ones too! This week we have a new sponsor that you don't want to miss!

Pin It

5 comments:

Geri said...

Oooo, so pretty!!! Love the ruffle! The colors look so lovely together!!!!

Paulina said...

I adore your card, Meredith. I am in love with that ruffled ribbon tucked behind the cardstock- SO pretty! You definitely showcased these colors beautifully....but then again, you ALWAYS do with my challenge! :)

Thank you for your sweet words; I'm so glad you've been enjoying the color palettes.

Leigh said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! I haven't liked navy for a long time (since the 90s, maybe!) but I'm recently liking it again!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Meredith! I love the frilly ribbon. I love the design. Gorgeous work!

Stacy said...

Pretty CAS card! Love the texture the ruffled ribbon adds to the card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...