Monday, March 25, 2013

Papertrey Blog Hop - A Star is Born...

Happy Monday, friends! It's going to be a busy one for me, but I am stealing a minute to quickly share my project for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! The theme this month was sequins, and I wasn't really sure I was going to get to play... but I did manage something!



I went on the hunt to buy a small pack of some larger sequins, because all the ones I happen to have are tiny - left over from other crafts. Well, as someone who doesn't use sequins too often, I wasn't so impressed with how much Michael's wanted for them - and I didn't happen to remember a coupon the day I was there!


But, I did remember that I had some star shaped ones, and I have been wanting to try Betsy's Bokeh effect (I *love* bokeh in my photos, what's not to love with stamps?!), plus, I needed a baby card. So it all kind of fell into place.


I created the sentiment myself, using some alpha stamps I have, and the alpha dies from PTI. Then I used the circle stamps from Beautiful Blooms II, and the star from Tree Trimming Trio and built my bokeh using Betsy's technique!

Forgive the poor photo - I had to take my photos when the sun was setting last night!

Here is a close up of my sequins, which I added to my bokeh:

Fun, don't you think? They're shades of gold, silver and pink.

I won't keep you, as I know there is a lot of hopping to do... thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It

25 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful...love the softness...a perfect baby card!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Meredith, such pretty colours, and a great Bokeh effect!

artful-notions said...

Turned out great! So happy and bright.

samantha's cards said...

such a sweet baby card!

Leigh said...

This is so gorgeous, Meredith! I love the stamped bokeh effect!

Marcia said...

What a perfect idea for a baby card...love it! :0)

Bethany Stellpflug said...

very cool! Love the little stars.

Joyce Casaldi said...

Love it!

Geri said...

Oh, I really like this! The softness of the colors and the kind of abstract look of it is JUST the way imagine when I think of sequins being used! And I LOVE your little sentiment! It's SO pretty!!!

Cindy H. said...

Love your sweet card! The colors are so beautiful and perfect for announcing such a joyful occasion.

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty card. I love your colored falling dots and stars--and how you tied the sentiment in with your image.

victoria h said...

love the bokeh effect the sequins go perfectly with it

Jacquie Southas said...

This is so soft & pretty - the little sequin stars fit perfectly with the bokeh effect.

Julie said...

sweet

Kara said...

so beautiful and dream-like!!

Cindy Groh said...

Very cute. Love the star shaped sequins vs just round ones.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! This is such a FUN and Creative Card!! I LOVE the design!! THANKS for sharing your take on the challenge and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Pamela said...

Pretty bokeh and star sequins!!!

PapierGirl said...

Beautifully done! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!

Kathy Mc said...

What a sweet baby card, Meredith! Love your star sequins as they provide just the perfect bling to your Bokey effect.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Love your Bokeh effect!!! You rock my friend!

Amy Kolling said...

Your version of bokeh is lovely! Great idea to use star sequins for this sweet sweet baby card!

Elena said...

so soft and pretty!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Love love love this my friend! You are the master at background stamping! cherry

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...