Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

We will be starting our day with an egg hunt... Emma has been the master egg hunter since her first one at 19 months old. She blows us away every year when we're sure the bunny has outsmarted her, and we're proven wrong! Then it's brunch at Grandma's, where there are more eggs hidden. Spoiled? Yes, probably.

I made my lovelies some cute little cards to include with the small give we've got for them. I was a dolt and put the bunny die in my cart without it's coordinating stamp set, so I had to get creative!



Forgive my colours... they're off because I took these photos late in the day.

I was inspired by this card by Melissa, and decided to use a similar approach to my design.


I made the same basic card for each girl, swapping out the colours and sentiments to make them a little bit different.

I used various images from the Beautiful Blooms II and Natural Beauties sets to stamp a spring-y background paper.


And I decided to do something a little bit different, and added resin flowers as the bunny tails, rather than something more obvious. I love how well they work!


I hope you have a wonderful Easter if you're celebrating, and if you're not, enjoy the rest of your weekend! We'll be enjoying the hottest day of the year so far here (20 degrees!!), so I can see lots of time in the backyard - I am excited!

Pin It

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Happy Easter, Meredith! What adorable cards for your sweet little girls. I can just see them on their Easter egg hunt! How fun! I really thought that was patterned paper until I read the whole post! Gorgeous!

justsomestuffimade said...

Wonderful cards Meredith - those flowers are fun for the cutie bunnie tails!
Happy Easter to you all, Rx

Geri said...

Oh, I'm so behind! These are so sweet, Meredith!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...