Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy Birthday - Cloud 9 Blog Hop...

Hey friends!

I am here *so* quick to post my card for this month's hop over at the Cloud 9 blog.

I adored this month's inspiration photo, and felt it was time for me to give this whole 'watercolouring with stamps' thing a try. Time consuming, but I did enjoy it!



Here is the inspiration:


I drew from the colours, and the background, plus gave my card a floral theme:


Here's a quick run down of what I did... I stamped the largest image from Embroidered Bouquet in a fairly neutral ink, then went in with the single image stamps that Dawn included, which mimick the bouquet's florals, and stamped those in my chosen colour scheme, right on top of their matches in the main image. I don't have reinkers, so I just blotted my ink pads on a piece of acetate, and picked it up from there with my wet paintbrush. Then I just let things flow! I also spritzed some Tattered Angels on there to add some interest.

That's it! Look at that, I try to keep things super short, and I still can't stop talking... typical!

Have a lovely Sunday, guys!

Pin It

15 comments:

Elena said...

PRETTY!

Susie said...

This is a beautiful card Meredith! I love the softness of the colors. The sentiment panel is so pretty, too. Using the 2 separate panels and the 2 buttons tied together...so clever!

Amy Kolling said...

Gorgeous......I can't think of anything else to say! :)

Erin said...

Just stunning! I love how soft and pretty this is.

Jeanne J said...

So neat! Just like a watercolor painting!

Leigh said...

So pretty, Meredith! Fabulous job with the watercolour technique!

Suzanne said...

The watercoloring is stunning!! Go Meredith!! I love the colors and the banners across the bottom with the buttons, too. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at Cloud9!

Geri said...

I love how you've let that gorgeous background take center stage with your simple, but LOVELY, layout! So PRETTY!!!

Katie said...

Your techique has such a pretty effect. Beautiful card!

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow, this is really stunning! I love where you took the inspiration!

Jill Norwood said...

This is just so beautiful! Love the background you created!

anya said...

What fabulousness! You have created such a subtle, yet stunning background Meredith! Love how you were inspired by the photo, it turned out beautifully! Thank you for joining us at Cloud9!

Thanh Vo said...

*POKE*! Meredith! Hi... you are just a stone's throwaway from where I am in Burnaby, too! I just found your blog; congrats on being crowned Stamping Royalty this past year. Your paper projects are such a wonderful inspiration and I can't wait to get to know you a lil' better!

Leigh said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Meredith!

Dawn said...

Seriously gorgeous Meredith. There is something very serene and peaceful...almost ethereal about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...