Sunday, March 31, 2013

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour - A Happy Hello...

Hey there!

Sorry my post is late - we got carried away with Easter dinner at Shirley's!

It's time for another Beautiful World Tour with the Flourishes girls... Remember, your World Tour can win you free Flourishes stamps! Make sure you leave each designer a comment before you fly off to the next spot, so that your name is in the hat for a random draw!


You should have arrived here from Aleksandra, but if you've landed here by chance, you might want to go back to the Flourishes blog to start at the beginning!

This month, Anne Elise is our host, and she has challenged us with the theme 'Childhood'. This one stumped me for a bit, because there are so many ways to interpret that... but I flipped through my sets, and then it came to me...


When I was a little girl, we lived in Alberta - the province over from where I live now. And the house we had there had this massive raspberry bush at the side of our house. Every summer, we spent most of our days playing outside, and we could freely visit the raspberries and eat them straight off the bush. My girls both *love* all kinds of berries, and I've been researching our own berry bushes, hoping we can plant some... which reminded me of all those summers spent snacking on fresh berries myself!


I need a couple of thank you type cards, so I wanted this to be easy to mail... so I kept the layers to a minimum, as postage has become so restrictive with anything that includes a bow! What a bummer...

I stamped my background on the card base with the same image I coloured from the Berry Sweet set, to give it some interest - just a monochromatic design. I like the impact it has, for such a simple step.

I'll let you jet off to your next location now, but don't forget to leave a comment before you go! Now, off you go to Australia to see what the talented Chupa has for you!


Pin It

22 comments:

Joyce Casaldi said...

Stunning Merideth!

Aleksandra said...

Gorgeous card Meredith! I have to try this one with the monochromatic background some time. I realy does look fabulous! :) And those berries look so delicious I want some! To bad they can not grow under the snow... :D

Have a nice and peaceful Easter Holidays! Blessings to you and your family. Hugs,
Aleksandra

Bridget said...

Meredith, your berries are delicious, the colours and colouring are scrumptious! I love the matching bg you created on kraft and the pink doily is FABULOUS! Every child should have a berry bush to snack from, what a LOVELY memory! :)

Karen W said...

This is so pretty!!

Kathy Jones said...

Sooooooo beautiful Meredith and love your story!! I love raspberries, sadly it is far too hot where I live for them to grow. :( Love how you've used the stamp to create your background and your berries look divine!!! :) Wonderful card!

KimCreate said...

I adore your berry card, it's one of my fav, flourishes stamps. Really nice stamped background too.

Mojca said...

A really pretty card, that cute little button just makes it so spacial., hugs! Mojca

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Beautiful card. Those berries look good enough to eat.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

I really like the tone on tone stamping on the card base. SO pretty! The raspberries on your card look good enough to eat! : )

Tricia

chatsburygirl said...

How lovely. I particularly like how you've used the same stamp to create the background on the cardbase, it sets the main image off just beautifully.
Thanks, Penny

PapierGirl said...

Simply beautiful - those berries look good enough to eat! :)

Sasha said...

Your card is gorgeous, Meredith. Fantastic colouring! Your raspberries look so dimensional and ready for picking. I love how you created your own backing paper, too.

Hope you are coping after the loss of your dear mom. Sending hugs xx

Sue D said...

Very sweet berry card and wonderful memories of berry picking.

Helen said...

Great story about your yummy raspberries. Love your stamped background and your colouring is absolutely beautiful!

Geri said...

This is gorgeous, Meredith! I love that fresh berry pink against the Kraft! And you know I love your background!!! So beautiful, my friend!

lisa808 said...

Great background and beautiful coloring of the image.

Kris B said...

Beautiful! Love how you created the background and colored up the doily! Perfect coloring on the berries! TFS God bless!!

Linda said...

Love the background and those luscious raspberries are beautifully colored.

Ravengirl said...

Your berries are beautiful! It's amazing what kinds of memories we dredge up. Yours is lovely!

Anne-Elise said...

Your card is gorgeous, Meredith! The berries are beautifully colored and I love your stamped background! Fab work! Hugs

TLady said...

The Raspberries on your card look GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT!!!!!!!!!! SUPER COLORING JOB!!!!!!! :) NOW, you've made me hungry!!!!!! LOL :)

Denimo said...

Absolutely beautiful Meredith! Your coloring is AWEsome!!! Hugs...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...