Monday, March 18, 2013

Festive Friday - Merry Christmas...

My friends. What a journey I have been on these past few weeks, and how kind of you to just be patient with me.

Early this morning, my mother lost her battle with cancer. It has been a long, difficult road for her, for many years, and this past few weeks were the beginning of her end. I feel fortunate that my family had time to prepare for this, as we were told months ago that there was nothing more to be done for her, and it was only a matter of time. Most of all, I am so glad that she is finally free of pain and suffering.

Crafting and blogging has taken a back seat to everything else, as you can imagine, but I hope to get back to a more normal schedule soon. Today, as promised, we are revealing our latest challenge on the Festive Friday Blog, even if it is a few days late.


This time around, it's a Trigger Challenge, which means we want to see what comes to your mind when you hear the word Merry. You don't have to use the word itself in your creation (though, most of the design team did!), we just want to see where the word leads your creativity.


I was really inspired by this card from Michelle Wooderson when I was creating, and knew I wanted to use October Afternoon goodies so it seemed like a good fit. I love the results! Remember I said I am trying to break out of my 'box'?


I used all kinds of items that came in the Merry Mini Album kit that I ordered before Christmas, including the super fun stamp set that was included - I LOVE using it. Here's a close up of the fun stamping I did along the bottom with the postage border and the song lyrics;



For me, Merry brings to mind bold colours, bright images, and Santa himself. I think you can see where that inspired my card!

Head on over to the challenge blog to see what the design team has created, as there are some stunning creations for you, as always!

Thank you for all being so understanding about my absence, and tardy posting in the last few weeks. I appreciate all your well wishes and prayers, more than I could properly articulate.

Pin It

14 comments:

Elena said...

I'm so sorry, Meredith. I didn't know what you were dealing with, but you've been on my mind these last few weeks. Hugs, and prayers to you and your family.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to read about the passing of your mother, Meredith. Sending you and your family big hugs.

My mom also has cancer and will get some results this morning to see how effective her chemo has been. So, while I haven't been down the same exact path as you, I have a glimpse of how you may be feeling.

Your card is lovely and very fun. I'm hoping to play along with your challenges, and I may just go back and make a card for each that I have missed.
xxx

teegee7617 said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Meredith. I will keep you And your family in my thoughts.

Thanh Vo said...

Big big hugs Meredith. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Indeed, she is finally pain free. Keeping you close in thought.

Charlene said...

I am so so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family Meridith. Hugs

Leigh said...

Oh, Meredith, I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing! Hugs to you, my friend! I will be praying for your and your family, that God would comfort you in your time of grief.

Susie said...

Meredith, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm praying for the comfort and strength that only God can provide.
Peace be with you...

Paulina said...

You've been on my mind and heart quite a bit these last few weeks. <3 I know that you were preparing for this, but it's still a tough journey. Thinking of you and your family, Meredith!

Marcia said...

So very sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad to cancer and no matter how much you think you're prepared, it still hits hard! Take time to grieve...it's part of the healing process, and know that you and your family will be covered in prayer.

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your mom! Praying for you all! I was about to tell you that your card is adorable, but it seems to take a back seat to what you're dealing with! Healing & hugs going out to you.

Katie said...

Meredith, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

God bless you sweetheart! My thoughts are with you and your family and I know your Mama has found peace. ***hugs*** cherry

Lisa said...

My sincere sympathies Meredith. I hope you find peace in knowing she is no longer suffering. We too suffered a loss in the past two weeks to cancer. Our dear DIL's mother lost her battle as well. May God hold you in his loving care through this difficult time.

me35 said...

I'm so sorry for you and your family. Sending hugs xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...