Friday, March 1, 2013

Festive Friday - Merry Christmas...

Hey guys! Sorry I've hardly posted this week... have I even posted? We've all been sick with a nasty bug that would like to be the flu, but can't quite be bothered. I've been beyond exhausted - I emptied the dishwasher tonight for the first time in a week, because I finally found a bit of energy to do it. Don't mention the laundry pile staring at me while I type this, however...


Last year, I started making these mini cards... I've shared some with you, so you know what I am talking about... 3x3" little cuties that just steal my heart. Everything is cuter when it's small, isn't it? For this week's challenge over at Festive Friday, we have asked that you include a snowflake element somewhere in your design. How you do it is up to you, it just has to be there somewhere.

You know me and snowflakes...

Photo Source
That's a near hundred year old photograph of an actual snowflake. Can you see why I love them so? Is there anything more beautiful? And nature made that!

So I decided to keep this one simple, because these little cards can make a big enough impact with a simple enough design...


And I like using a non-traditional colour scheme, because it keeps things fun. Who says Christmas has to be green and red all the time, right?

I'll have my Color Combos Galore debut post up later today, so make sure you come back to check that out! But, for now, head on over to the Festive Friday blog to see what the other designers came up with - I don't have to tell you I loved each and every one of their creations!

Pin It

2 comments:

Geri said...

I love this little cutie! Neat and tidy and oh, so sweet!!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

beautiful...and yes everything is cuter and sweeter smaller! Teee heeee I am only 5 2 rofl. cherry

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...