Friday, March 8, 2013

Festive Friday - The Lovliest of Seasons...

Happy Friday, my friends! It's time for us to share some extra inspiration with you for the current challenge over on the Festive Friday blog. This one has been extra fun for me, since it's all devoted o snowflakes!

I had a lot of fun with today's card, and I even managed to play along with this week's Make it Monday challenge with Papertrey Ink!


Since Melissa was hosting this week, I thought it would be fun to combine both of our challenges! Plus, I loved the card she created, and it really made me want to play along.

Here's a refresher of this week's inspiration board:


My husband likes to tease me that my cards follow a 'formula', and you know... he's so right. So I am trying really hard to expand my horizons, and break the formula. I think today's card succeeded at that!


I didn't even put a mat on my card base! Let me tell you, that goes against every instinct in me, but I am really happy with this card, so I think it's worth trying again. And I love that I managed to use a number of stamp sets together, because I always admire when designers can combine all sorts of elements and keep it cohesive.

This week's MIM is all about two toned elements, so I chose to use the technique on my snowflakes:


Fun, right?

Well, that's all I have for you today... head on over to the challenge blog to find some more inspiration from some of the designers, and we also featured some of our favourites there too!

Pin It

3 comments:

Susie said...

Your card is SO pretty Meredith! Love the 2 toned snow flakes and that lace is a beautiful finishing touch. Love it all!

Geri said...

Great idea to use this two-toned idea on the snowflake!!! (Here, I thought I didn't have any good stamps to try that with!!!) I LOVE the colors you've used, too...especially with the lace...such a shabby feel! Good for you for breaking out of your 'formula' box!;) Your cards are always beautiful...but it's fun to try something new and risky, too! I really LOVE your results here!!!

justsomestuffimade said...

Gorgeous card Meredith! Love the snowflakes and by the looks of it, stepping away from your "formula" really works!
Rx
PS. have you swapped your comment moderation?? I can't leave comments without registering my old, defunked blog address as my identity... The 'name/ URL' option isn't there anymore...???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...