Saturday, March 23, 2013

Colour Combos Galore - twice!

Hello friends! I am behind in my design team posts for Color Combos Galore, so I want to catch up while I have a couple of minutes!

I didn't get last week's combo posted, but you do still have time to play along - until the end of the month - so it's not entirely too late!


If you can believe it, my practically-sister-in-law is going through the very same thing my brother and I are going through, all at the same time. As he said, at least they can hold each other up right now... So she needs some picking up herself, and I am glad to send her some happy mail during what I know is a rough time.

Here is our bright, happy colour scheme for last week's challenge:


And here is the card I created:


If you're not familiar, there are added challenges to these inspiration boards, which you can learn more about over at Color Combos Galore. I chose to Focus On: Banners by using one main pennant as my focal point. I was also inspired by the leaves in the second photo, and created my background based on that. Also, the scalloped edge of the plate in the third photo is mirrored in my scalloped sentiment label.

This week, we're working with a beautiful spring palette, which I *loved*... and I wanted to try to do something different, again trying to break out of my box!


As soon as I saw the color board, I couldn't wait to get started. That doesn't mean I had a clue where I was going with it, of course... *wink*


This time, I chose to Focus On: Background Stamping... as if I would go for any of the other options! I decided to do the watercolour technique again, because I really love the results.


I love peonies, and the bouquet in the first photo is so beautiful, I decided to use my Pretty Peonies stamps for my background. When I was done watercolouring, I stamped the small outline image in turquoise over top. I also loved the intricate design of the metal box holding the bouquet, which inspired my doily along the top of the card. The twine and the butterfly both draw from the mobile in the last photo.

That's it for today - I hope you're inspired to check out these challenges yourself... All the added elements make it a really fun one, and the colours are so gorgeous, how can you resist?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks for stopping by! I hope to get back to more regular posting soon... we're in the thick of dealing with my mum's stuff before we pass everything over to a lawyer to probate, but once we reach that stage, I hope things settle down and I have more energy for blogging at the end of the day!

Pin It

2 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Meredith, both of your creations are just gorgeous! The stamped background on both cards are amazing... ^_^

Geri said...

Oooo, BOTH are SO nice, Meredith! That first one is perfect for the inspiration, but...ya gotta know the second is my fave...just so soft, lovely and....FLORAL!;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...