Friday, March 8, 2013

Color Combos Galore #235 - It's Your Day...

I am late with this post, but today has just been one of those days, you know? It's time for the next challenge at Color Combos Galore (side note: can I just say how *wrong* it is for this Canadian girl to spell colour without the U?), and I had a LOT of fun with this one... and the other ladies came up with some *stunning* projects this week, so you really have to go and check those out as well!



Here is the beautiful story board for this week's challenge... truly, I think these are some of the most inspiring story boards, and Janet puts an incredible amount of energy, time and creativity in to these challenges... just look:


Each photo has a "Focus On" element to it, and for mine, I chose the first one: Focus On: Embossing. Unfortunately, my photo did not really capture the impression plate I used!


I also drew inspiration from the beautiful lacy edged tags in photo number three, and used distress stickles to reflect the scroll worked frames on the carousel. I heat embossed my sentiment, and I dry embossed the floral stamped portion of my card.

The other design team projects are stunning, and you can see them all here.

Thanks for stopping by! The next few days are going to be worse than today, so the blog might be quiet for a bit. Bear with me!

Pin It

4 comments:

Maureen said...

this Canadian gal knows exactly what you mean! That's why I love the Colour Q challenge :) LOL Anyways, with or without the "u" your card is fabulous! Those colours are perfection!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous card, Meredith. Love the beautiful soft color scheme and the cute tag and ribbon bow. Have a wonderful weekend! ^_^

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Love your colors...

Geri said...

Wow...that's quite an inspiration board! I think your card has nailed it! Love how you've brought these beautiful colors together!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...