Friday, March 1, 2013

Color Combos Galore #234 - Celebrating Your Birthday...

***This is my second post for today... to see my Festive Friday post, click here***

I am so excited to share this post with you! I have to be honest... I threw my name into the hat for the Color Combos Galore Design Team Call, fully expecting to never hear anything. I just didn't think I'd get a second glance! Imagine my surprise - and glee! - when Janet emailed me and welcomed me to the 2013 Design Team!


This week's beautiful colour story is *so* me... I am a real colour lover, but when I see neutrals and vintage together, it makes my heart sing. It was tough to choose which Focus On to go with, because I wanted to go with all of them. So, I chose one, and grabbed elements from the others, and here is where I ended up:


I chose to go with photo number 3, and Focus On: Inked Edges... though I used Antique Linen Distress Ink, so it's a very subtle effect. I did, however, add some Walnut Stain Ink to highlight some of the crumples of my panel as well.

I also chose to use the floral elements in photo number 2 to accent my sentiment panel, only I used stamps instead of actual blooms. And because the beautiful vintage post box reminded me that I hadn't used my Postmarks set (PTI) in awhile, I knew I wanted to incorporate that theme as well. So I decided to create a neutral postcard as my base.


I promise those edges are inked - twice, in fact!


And because one of the colours in our story was silver, how could I resist this beautiful glittered edge?

Now, I encourage you to go and see what the rest of the team has created - there will be layouts and cards alike to feast your eyes on, and I promise you won't be disappointed. These ladies are so talented!

Thanks so much for popping in, and I'll try to have a few more posts in the coming days, if we all start to feel better! Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Pin It

4 comments:

Geri said...

Those colors DO look gorgeous together, Meredith...especially with the stamps you've chosen! These PTI stamps (flowers) hadn't done much for me before, but every time you've used them I've thought how very pretty they look!!! Beautiful!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Meredith, this is such a gorgeous card! Love beautiful distressed edges and stamping background. It's so great to know you through Color Combos Galore design team. Have a great weekend! ^_^

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! I love it!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

love this...soft and aged. I adore how you used the tinsel around the sentiment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...