Wednesday, March 20, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash - Happy Birthday...

I don't even know how to properly say thank you to all of you for your beautiful words of encouragement and support over the past couple of days. I am not someone who ever plays the sympathy card... I really just felt I wanted to share with you. I must be honest, I didn't expect to feel *so* much comfort from others as we go through this, but it truly does make a difference in my day. THANK YOU.

Today is a new 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge over on the Pretty Pink Posh blog.  I loved the colours for today's challenge, though I have to admit, they did end up completely stumping me when I sat down to plan this one out.


I usually have a sketch that I've mapped out when I do these challenges, just a quick thing to give me a vision of where I am heading... but with all that we were dealing with last week, I didn't get a sketch drawn. So I had to kind of push paper around until I knew which direction I might take it.

Here are the colours we're working with this week:

I saw them as Melon, Kraft and Leaf green. I don't know why, but that melon really threw me this time - which is funny, because I love it!

So I tried again to step out of my comfort zone and create a slightly different layout than my usual go-to. And, as usual, I wanted to stamp my background. It's just my favourite thing to do!


I can hear you saying, "Where's the Kraft?" but it's there - I stamped the smaller circular shape in Kraft ink. I think if I were to do it again, instead of the melon coloured paper, I would use Kraft.

This card took me 7 minutes and 32 seconds, mainly because I fussed around with my bow for too long.

Here is a close up of my stamped pattern:



The design team has some beautiful creations for you over at the Pretty Pink Posh blog, so make sure you go over there and check them out. And truly, don't be afraid - if you do a little bit of prep before you start, 10 minutes can be plenty of time!

Pin It

5 comments:

Cherry's Jubilee said...

This is beautiful and you rocked the melon girl! hugs

Lisa said...

Wow Meredith this is glorious! I love your design and all of those pretty blooms!

Leigh said...

So very pretty, Meredith!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a sweet card, Meredith. Love the beautiful soft colors. ^_^

Geri said...

This turned out so sweet! Love the fresh colors! Your backgrounds are always so pretty, and I love the interesting design,...the way your solid die cut comes down over the print! SWEET card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...