Wednesday, March 6, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #13 - Birthday Wishes...

Another week is whizzing by, and here we are on Wednesday already! Our whole family has been sick for what feels like forever, so the days are sort of blurring together... I'll be glad when we're all feeling like ourselves again and we can get back to our usual routine!

It's time for another 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge, and this one just about beat me... I really pushed myself, took on quite a complex design and finished exactly at 10 minutes... note to self - heat embossing when under the gun is ambitious.



Well, I certainly pushed the clock, but I loved the result, and I am proud of myself for getting it done. I really like to pull out my stamps and create my own backgrounds for this challenge, because it's an added element of pressure, which, I have to admit, I enjoy.

This week, we were working with these colours:


So I took it as Kraft, Leafy Green and Brown. Leafy green isn't really in my arsenal, as it isn't a favourite, so I used a more olive tone, but I think it works.


Alright, here's why this was an *insane* idea to tackle in 10 minutes. I had to stamp with VersaMark, then I clear embossed that. Then I stamped with my cream ink, and started to rub it off the embossing... pfft! Like there was time for such nonsense! So I gave up on that real quick! Then I quickly went through and stamped the brown blossoms. Hurry up and die cut your label woman! Yeah, this one was 10 minutes on the nose. And only because I looked at the clock and went "Oh crap!" and stuck that oval down wherever the heck it landed.

Now, if someone would tell me just why I didn't go for the Kraft ink instead of the embossing...? Would have made *way* more sense...

Head on over to Pretty Pink Posh to check out the rest of the design team's projects - there are some beautiful ones this week, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Pin It

5 comments:

aworkofheart said...

I want to thank you so much for your encouraging words that you left on my blog. I am fairly new to the world of card making and I loving your distressed look on this card you made. Would you be willing to share with me how you did it? If so you could email me at cathrynseguin@gmail.com. That would be so sweet of you.

Lindsey said...

Your craft dash cards always amaze me! Being on the DT for this challenge seems to be a perfect fit for you. You create such beautiful projects that always seem to have so much depth.

Paulina said...

L-O-V-E this. Seriously, at the end of your DT term, you should take a picture of all of the cards together- each one is so stunning and it blows me away at how fast you create!

Geri said...

It's beautiful, Meredith! Your 10 minute creations always amaze me! And I think that oval landed in THE perfect spot!!!

KayM said...

OH this is lovely Meredith!! That background is amazing! I love the colors too! I have that sentiment stamp in my cart at PTI right now! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...