Friday, February 8, 2013

So Many of My Smiles...

Hey friends!

Just popping in quick before dinner gets here (it's Friday.. we don't usually cook on Fridays!) to share a card I made for one of the PTI Anniversary contests...



One of the contests is to choose one of the cards a design team member shared as their favourite, and CASE it. I have to say, I was kind of surprised by the card that I was drawn to...

While I think that Dawn's style is beautiful, graphic and striking, it isn't one I would say I relate to... not my usual style by a long shot. But I really loved this card she created, and it made me want to dig out my Natural Beauties set.


There is something about all that stamping that I just couldn't resist! *wink* You know me and stamping a good background... and I always forget to layer different images to create interest, it seems. I like the polka dot strip in contrast with the leaves...

Here is my take on this card:



I had to shab it up a little bit, right? I used my chicken wire background stamp (it stamps the whole width - love the size of it!) in place of the polka dots, and then I used Turning a New Leaf, since I don't have the Harvest Berries. I also added some lace behind my buttons, because it's really tough for me to make a card without lace!

I wanted to keep on stamping, but I really didn't have a lot of time in the craft room, so this was it for me today. I've said it before - I just *love* when I can just sit and stamp and stamp and stamp!

Dinner's here, so that's me... thanks for looking, and check back tomorrow for something else fun!

Pin It

3 comments:

Geri said...

Love what you did with your inspiration, Meredith! Gorgeous! Love the colors you chose and that sentiment...one of the sweetest! (Love the chicken wire, too! Subtle but it adds a lot!) Just beautiful!

Jill Norwood said...

Meredith this turned out lovely! I love that you added the lace to the flowers! So pretty! And I adore the chicken wire background...there is just something about chicken wire stamps that I love! Not sure what it is...maybe the country girl in me.
Hugs,
Jill

Maureen said...

"love" this Meredith! You know that I love Dawn with all my heart and you've done her and her card total justice! I hope to have time for this challenge. Between the PTI release challenges, my CAS online class AND full time work, I'm falling behind. Good thing it's a long weekend :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...