Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scrapbook Sunday - Sweet Baby Girl...

When I gave birth to my first daughter, there was one friend who I think was just as excited as I was that I had a girl... I mean, everyone is excited for the birth of a new baby, but I am not going to lie - I never thought I would have daughters (mine are the first girls born into their dad's family in 3 generations), so when they said "it's a girl!", I was beside myself. I think Jenn was just as elated!

So when Jenn found out that her first baby, due in just a few weeks, is a girl, I knew how excited she would be! Her sister threw her a fantastic baby shower last weekend (Pinterest has really raised the bar, hasn't it?), and I had been planning her gift for months.. finally I could show her!


I met Jenn for lunch back in November, and she showed me her 3D Ultrasound photo... I asked if I could keep it, and even though I am sure she thought it was nuts, she said okay... little did she know...


She had mentioned she wanted to do the baby's room in black and white damask with pink accents... I knew she meant a brighter pink, but I kept things soft with the shades I chose.


Luckily, I spelled baby girl's name properly! *wink*

I also created a couple of other things to go with my gift, and took some extra care with my wrapping... which I will share with you later this week. Make sure you keep an eye out!

Pin It

5 comments:

Marianne Barkman said...

i love your project...am excited for you both! Thanks for sharing

Poorvi said...

I think this is a wonderful gift! I'm sure your friend will like it very much :)
Do visit my blog, I gave you a Leibster Award...

Maureen said...

what a sweet gift! Love the name Juliet...if I had had more children and a girl, I would have picked that name too. I like "jewels" for a nickname :)

Geri said...

Sure to be a treasured keepsake! What a sweet idea, and I love the colors!

Kim Heggins said...

This is one of the sweetest gifts ever. You are just the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...