Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cloud9 Blog Hop - Love You...

Happy Saturday, my friends! I am excited for today's post... I was the lucky winner of a guest designer spot on the Cloud9 Blog Hop for February! So today I get to play along with the design team for this month's inspiration... I told you February was a fun month for me!



I had a lot of fun with today's project. I put a few sets to work on it, and I love the results! This month, with the season of love in mind, we are using the following photo for inspiration:

Photo Source
I *adore* the idea of little pockets filled with something sweet to give a friend, so I drew on that idea, plus incorporated the florals into my project.


I used the vintage envelope die to create my own little pocket of goodness, and then I stamped the rose image from the Hope Seed Co. set in red ink to start my background. Then I thought to myself, "I wonder what would happen if I just quickly coloured them with pink?" I had already picked out the colours I wanted to use; I just wanted to incorporate them in as many ways as possible. Well... I *love* how this pattern turned out:





I took a photo of the back, so you can see what it looks like in it's entirety - I can't wait to try doing this on a card, and in different colour combinations... I love it!

I also just received the Fresh Picked set, so I thought "Why not add even more pattern on there?"



So I stamped those in the colours I had chosen, and also added one of the images from Folk Art Flurries (really, I can't put that one down). It's just a fun contrast in patterns, I thought!

And I had some of these left over from Christmas, so I popped one in, because it worked with my colours!



Don't worry... I did my part and did a quality control test in order to ensure they were still good enough to eat!

You have until February the 12th to play along, so head over to the Cloud9 Blog to find out all the details!

Pin It

4 comments:

Geri said...

LOVE this, Meredith! The roses made up into a gorgeous background and I love how you've mixed up the patterns! Looks like someone's gonna get a sweet little treat!!!

Marianne Barkman said...

i love your pocket card. Sot adorable, so beautiful. i love the embellishments. Thanks for sharing

Joyce said...

Congrats on being the guest designer. Your treat bag is sweet and yummy.

anya said...

This is a gorgeous little treat sack, Meredith! The pattern you stamped is beyond fantastic - so vintage looking! I love the label you added as well, the ribbon and stick pin embellishments add a great pop of color. We were so glad to have you this month as well, and you certainly did not disappoint!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...