Wednesday, February 20, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #12 - Happy Birthday...

Holy Moly, it's Wednesday already!

It's time for a new 10 Minute Craft Dash, and I tell you - this one got my heart racing! I actually had a moment of "Shoot, I am not going to finish in time!" No worries, I did... but man, the blocks and ink were flying!


I *love* stamping my own backgrounds... truly, I crave it if I've used patterned paper too often! And you know how I love my patterned paper... *wink* But I learned while creating this card that while I can stamp fast - I have to choose my stamps carefully...


Our colours for this week are beautiful, bright, and summery. And you definitely want to play along because we are being sponsored by Paper Smooches!

For my card, I decided that 10 minutes was *loads* of time to get out the two-step stamping set.. that's not insanity, right? Of course not, so when stamping the one solid image in the whole thing, why not stamp each one off first before actually stamping the card?



Still... I am so pleased with how it turned out because I really love this stamp set, and the depth that the extra step of stamping adds. Looking at it, I probably could have added something in the way of embellishing, but here's what the clock said when I got everything adhered:


Okay, definitely time left, but the buttons were all the way across the room, and I was panicky!

So I finished this card in about 7 minutes and 20 seconds or so... I'll take it!

Make sure you head over to the Pretty Pink Posh blog to find out more details about this challenge, and see what the design team created... we are also being joined by some of the Paper Smooches girls, so you don't want to miss that!

Pin It

17 comments:

Paulina said...

I adore this card to pieces. The use of colors, the distressing of the edges, the techniques....all of it makes my heart swoon. I still can't get over how quickly you made this beauty!

Maureen said...

those flowerw do have a cool 3D effect! LOVE the colours you chose...had to laugh as I pictured you making this with the time ticking!

MommaSue said...

Lovely card!

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Wow--gorgeous! Love the two-step technique and colors, Meredith. It looks like it took a lot longer than 7 minutes!

sanketi said...

What a pretty card!
..love the pleasing colors ..so soft and happy and springy..let me just say , it's Awesome!

.if you don't mind my asking, which stamp set is this..is it by PTI?

Wida said...

Impressive for a quick card! This would have taken me forever!

Melissa said...

Sooo lovely Mer....just gorgeous. I could never make anything this beautiful so quickly :)
Melis

Elena said...

It's gorgeous, and so ambitious to make in 10 minutes!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Meredith! Impressive only 7 minutes to make that beauty? Well done!

Leigh said...

I can't believe you stamped all that out so quickly! I'm in awe!

Charlene said...

WOW I could NEVER make a card especially stamped in that amount of time, Awesome work!

Linda said...

My oh my, you are a fast stamper! Love your beautiful card!

cbuswell said...

Stunning card! You must be a fast stamper!! Gorgeous result!

Geri said...

Wow, how did I miss this beauty?!? GORGEOUS!!! BEAUTIFUL stamping!!!

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS layered stamping Merideth - LOVE it :)

Tracey C. said...

SO pretty!!! I just played with this set for the first time last week, and I love it. I love the pink and blue flowers together -- lovely!!

Dana Nelson said...

Beautiful, Meredith! How do you get your edges so frayed??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...