Wednesday, February 6, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #11 - Happy Valentine's Day...

Hey guys! It's time for the 10 Minute Craft Dash, and this is the first time that the Design Team will be sharing projects with you! Make sure you head over to the Pretty Pink Posh blog to see all of the projects and be inspired!



This time around, we're not focusing on colours, but we do ask that you feature hearts in your creation - since the biggest of all heart days is right around the corner!


I just dug out my Crate Paper goodies (from this year, and also from last year), and just stuck them all together. I didn't really have a distinct plan when I sat down (which is unusual for me), but since I was using elements from similar collections, it basically put itself together.

Total Creation Time: 6m 50s
Yes, this was a super fast one. I am a pretty quick crafter, generally... I just don't spend a ton of time second guessing, unless I am working on a layout... then it's like someone threw the anchor down! But with cards, I do tend to follow a few basic guidelines each time, that I am comfortable with and that work for me. Saying all of that - if you look at my card, you can see how it was so quick. I cut my patterned paper, and distressed it, slapped it down on my base. Then I picked 2 chipboard elements from the same sheet and slapped those down, one on top of the other. Then I tied some twine around the base, and stuck a third piece of chipboard from the same sheet and slapped that on my bow. Because I still had lots of time, I dug out a heart shaped rhinestone and slapped it down on my sentiment label. I didn't actually slap anything, but it's fun to say that, because it makes it sound super fast, doesn't it?

So that's my card for this challenge - I hope I've inspired you to play along! Truly, if you have a vague idea of at least what you want to use in your creation, you can do it in ten minutes, I promise!

Head over to the Pretty Pink Posh blog to learn more!

Pin It

4 comments:

Geri said...

OK...I think you had way too much fun with all that 'slapping'! (Should this be telling us something dark about you???) I know coordinating chipboard pieces can be quick, but this really turned out sweet...doesn't look 'slapped' together at all!!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your card is a delight, Meredith, and so are you! It's so fun to participate in a new challenge for me and meet you ladies of the fab Design Team and have more inspirational blogs to follow!

I've spent a long time enjoying your posts! Your "real" post with all the photos and details of the space you and Shirley (lucky you!!) share is so informative and charming! Thank you for sharing that with crafters!

Okay, I've used up my quota of exclamation points, except for this last one, so I'll sign off for now!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!!

Jill Norwood said...

Adorable! Love it!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...