Thursday, January 17, 2013

WMS Blog Party - Always & Forever...

Hey, it's time for the Waltzingmouse Blog Party! I have such a soft spot for WMS and Claire... her stamps were the first polymer I ever laid ink on (*wink* - get it?), and I never looked back!

This month, the theme is love... and not just the Valentine-y kind. So while my card might look like a Valentine, it's actually an anniversary card for my husband... we got married in February, so we sort of do the Anniversary thing for us, and Valentine's Day belongs to the kids.



I got out a few sets and a stand-by layout, and stamped my little heart out. My beautiful friend Geri pointed out once that I am a stamper at heart, and you know what? She's right. I can't even tell you how much I love to just stamp and stamp and stamp...


I used Text-It, Sweethearts and Flourishes - Scallops and Dots and created my background, tag and sentiment strip. And I loved every little second of it!

I also had to add some splatters because... well, I really love splattering.



So that's my love card for my love. We have this thing where we try to keep our anniversaries super under-stated (unless it's a milestone), so I am sure it will just be a dinner somewhere a step up from our usual date night to go with his card... quiet and unassuming, just how I like it!

Happy Hopping!

Pin It

20 comments:

Claire said...

Such a gorgeous, pretty card Meredith - love the touch of green and the colourful splashes and what a sweet sentiment!

Leigh said...

Very sweet, Meredith!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Meredith, your hubby will love it. I think your background is so perfectly stamped and that is now my current favourite sweetheart sentiment!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely design with the tag and all the hearts in the background Meredith!

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty anniversary card. Love the spattering.

Deborah Frings said...

Meredith - this is so pretty! Love the touch of green and the pretty spatters! Great work!

Marybeth said...

Meredith this is beautiful I happen to love that tag on any card. Beautiful stamped hearts and colors.

Super Jen said...

Adore the striking colors and the layout.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is lovely! Your tag is stunning and I adore your little pink lace. Nicely done!

Helen L said...

Beautiful card Meredith!! I love all the stamping! :-) And the center strip that is more CAS and give a great focal point to the card!! Have a great weekend!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh what a great layout, Meredith! So cool how the tag is tucked under the middle panel and a great way to tie the sentiments together, too. Love the splashes of aqua with the red hearts...makes for such a sweet hubby card!

Kelly S. said...

Such a great layout on this one, Meredith! Love the tag tucked under that center panel...so eye catching and it's a great way to tie the sentiments together! Love the splashes of aqua...like a Valentine that has been "husb-ified", hee! So sweet!

Helen said...

Oh this is lovely stamping Meredith - such pretty colours and splats! Great layout too - Happy Anniversary to you for next month as well!

Claire Brennan said...

Meredith you have great style and your always make WMS look simply delicious!!! hugs to you missy!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love all the layered stamping here.

Kim Heggins said...

This is so pretty, so many fun and wonderful hearts.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Meredith, I love the little splatters! A fab colour combo too!

Geri said...

Well, I think your love will love it! Not too overdone for a manly man and the colors look great together! Don't blame you for counting on this layout again...it's a great one!!

Jeanne J said...

Beautiful card! I love that stamped background and the pop of blue!

Kary said...

What a Gorgeous card, Meredith!! Love the design and the beautiful colours. Great job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...