Monday, January 28, 2013

Stamp It 3 Ways...

Oh. My. Gosh.

The response to my new challenge blog has been *amazing*! We haven't even had our first challenge yet, and already there is a lot of excitement and interest about what we're doing. I tell you, it was nerve wracking getting the whole ball rolling, but now I am just excited to get started! Thank YOU!

So awhile back, I was contacted by Paper Crafts magazine asking if I might be interested in contributing to the newest issue of Stamp It 3 Ways... well that was an easy YES! I *love* the concept of this issue... 3 designers work with the same stamp set and create completely different designs using the one set. I got my issue today, and I devoured it!


I created 3 projects, so today I am sharing the two that I didn't send for publication... you have to pick up the issue to see that one! Trust me, it's very different than what you usually see here. And I know that, because my hubs can ALWAYS pick out my cards in the magazines, and this time, he couldn't!


The sentiment that I used is actually curved; polymer stretches oh-so-nicely, so I just straightened it out on my block.


Next up, I created a card. As you know I like to do, I stamped and stamped and made my own background... my favourite thing!


Because fussy cutting and I do *not* get along so well, I wasn't even going to pretend I could leave the antennas as they were stamped, so I just cut right past them, and used stick pins instead!


Hmm... and here I am noticing that my photos are strangely pixelated... I'll have to have a look into why that is!

Thanks for popping in! Don't forget to put your name in the hat for the little giveaway we have over on the Festive Friday blog! Read this post to find out more!

Pin It

4 comments:

Laurie said...

These are gorgeous!!

Geri said...

Both of these are oh, so pretty, Meredith! Congrats on being invited to contribute, too...woo-hoo! I LOVE the colors on that first tag! And I do love to see different takes with sets...fun concept! Beautiful work, my dear!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

congrats on being asked! How cool is that. LOve your cards as always...those butterflies have me wishing for spring...with snow on the ground!

Jill Norwood said...

Meredith - Congratlations! Gorgeous cards! I cannot wait to see the one in the magazine too! I love seeing multiple ways to use a stamp set! So fun and inspiring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...