Sunday, January 20, 2013

Scrapbook Sunday - Merry Christmas...

I really can't even promise you that this will be the last holiday themed Scrapbook Sunday post, but I'll do my best to give you a break for a few weeks... will that do? *wink*

I created another layout from Josie's first Christmas... this time using a whole bunch of Crate Paper goodness. The quality of my photo wasn't great (my brother in law does not believe in turning off his flash), so I hoped the pop of colour from the Sleigh Ride collection would work well with it...





Now that Josie is older, I can tell you just how much this picture is so *her*... and we didn't even totally realize it at the time. There's a twinkle in those eyes!



I tried to emulate a polaroid frame behind her photo for my mat. I used some washi tape, and I used one of the CP washi stickers as well.







I just sort of played with the tag sheets, the sticker sheets, the chipboard... all of it. It's funny, when I create cards, I really like working with sketches. When I create layouts, it's the opposite. I just sit and move things around for as long as it takes to be satisfied.



Still... I feel I really need a lot of practice... I see so many gorgeous layouts and feel mine are just not there yet. Don't worry, I am willing to keep trying... *wink*

Thanks for stopping in! Now... make sure you hang out here in the next couple of weeks... I have a few big things happening in February, and I am going to be giving a few peeks of something pretty exciting really soon!

Pin It

5 comments:

Elena said...

I can't make a layout to save my life, so I'm in awe of what you've created! all of the layering is making the photo look vintage, instead of poorly lit. But those cheeks, I just want to smush them.

justsomestuffimade said...

Love your LO Meredith - that pic of Josie is sweet ;)
I definitely think you underestimate yourself though... this looks like a spot-on page, no more practice needed. But I say the same thing about my own layouts, haha, I admire all the layering and 'wonkiness' and mixy-matchy colours that you (and others) achieve and feel that my pages are too 'clean and precise' IYKWIM?? (My latest blog post is a case in point!!!)
Ah well... looking forward to hearing your news anyway, hugs, Rx

Geri said...

Well, aren't you just a big tease!!! AND...you're way too hard yourself! I love your pages! Including this one!!! I always love your random looking layers and the sweet bits and bobs you incorporate. And my eyes are always lead to the sweet little photo you are featuring!!! You just need to be nicer to yourself!!!;)This is adorable!!!

Mel said...

Such a sweet layout! Love your layering.

Leigh said...

Super sweet layout, Meredith!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...