Friday, January 25, 2013

Papertrey Blog Hop and an Exciting Announcement!

Hello dear readers! I have a jam packed post today, so I hope you'll sit back, relax and take it all in!

First up on the agenda... well, it's the 25th of the month (what?!), so it's time for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! Last month, we were challenged to work with white, and this month we're challenged to work with black. What a turnaround!


This one was funny - I had a ton of ideas in my sketchbook almost right away... but when I sat down to create, it still just sort of eluded and stumped me. I ended up with 2 creations, but it really took a lot of effort to get there!



I am turning more and more to Pinterest for inspiration, and when it came time to figure out what to do with this one, I pinned all kinds of patterns to try and replicate. This was the one I chose:


(This reminds me of a dress I would have worn when I was in eighth grade...) It might be dated (er... vintage), but I thought of the Sweet Life roses as soon as I saw it!

And here is how I interpreted it:


I die cut a various assortment of roses and leaves, then stamped them all and laid them out until I was satisfied. Then I trimmed the roses hanging off the edges of my black panel, and embossed everything in my linen impression plate.

My second card didn't turn out like I was hoping... but I couldn't really say what it was I was hoping for!


I started by stamping my peonies in Fresh Snow, and then outlined them in VersaMark so I could emboss them in pink - but the powder I used didn't seem to really work well. I am never really happy with embossing - maybe it's my choice of powders? Anyway, I then stamped one of the smaller outline images in gold ink, just to give it some depth. It is what it is, right?

Alright, so now for the part of my post that I am *so* excited about! I have been hinting at something for a little while now, and I even dropped a sneek peek the other day... but today is the day I get to make my official announcement!

As you know, Fridays on my blog are typically dedicated to holiday projects... well, today marks a pretty special Festive Friday, because things are changing a little bit...



That's right! I have taken the leap, and created the Festive Friday Challenge Blog! I have an incredible group of ladies working with me on the design team, and we also have some amazing guest designers lined up as well! Seriously, I am still pinching myself at the response I have received from everyone involved so far, and I can't wait to share everything I've been working so hard on for the past few weeks!

Make sure you click over to the challenge blog and sign up as a follower, because we're offering a giveaway! Details are posted over there as to how you can enter, and in the coming days I'll be introducing you to all the beautiful ladies on the design team!

Did you make it through this ginormous post? If so, THANK YOU.... I can't wait to hear what you all think of my new little venture... will you play along with us?

Pin It

24 comments:

Elena said...

yay! beautiful cards, and yay for your new challenge blog! it will be such a huge hit!

Deborah Frings said...

I think both your cards are super. The first one really captures the "vintage" dress! And I like the subtle tones on your second card!

Geri said...

Meredith...both cards are absolutely beautiful!!! (But the first is my fave...so striking...great idea!!!)

Wida said...

I love what you did, on both. honest. they both have such powerful feel. Congrats on the new blog!

sanketi said...

I loved both the cards, especially the first one is so bright and colorful..beautiful!

Keva Phipps said...

Congrats on your new challenge blog. I'll have to take a looksie. I really like your blog hop cards. The first one is so bold and it looks great paired with the second more vintage one. Very pretty!

Luanne said...

Both cards are just fabulous! Great inspiration too!

Tonya Jastad said...

Congratulations on the new blog! I will definitely be following. Your cards are beautiful, the second one has an old fashioned feel to it and the first one just pops, it is my favorite.

Crafty Kate said...

Meredith, I am in love with the first card in your post (the second one is pretty great too)! The layout is AMAZING!!

Leigh said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Meredith! You rocked this challenge for sure!
And congratulations on your new challenge blog!

Charlene said...

Both cards are stunning :-)

heartforhandmade said...

Oh I love both cards. Love the colors and techniques you applied in here.

PiecesByEmily said...

Your take on the inspiration is spot on. Beautiful!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow these are gorgeous! Congrats on the new challenge blog, off to check it out!

Tracey McNeely said...

OK Meredith where to start. Both of your cards for the hop are fantastic. Your Pinterest inspired card you did perfectly, the second card has a cool vintage vibe. Congrats on your new challenge blog, on my way to check it out.

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Oh wow! Those are absolutely gorgeous! That first one really caught my eye when I was scanning the blog hop list.
Congrats on the new blog. I'm going to check it out :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE them both but the rose card is divine and just like the dress! WOW! CONGRATS on starting a challenge blog!

Annheidel said...

I really love your rose card!

Joyce said...

They are both wonderful cards. I especially like the first card. You did a great job capturing the colorful flowers of your inspiration dress.

Lynn Put said...

Gorgeous cards! Love how you took the inspiration from the dress to create the rose card, it's beautiful!
Congrats on your new adventure and best of luck!

Jacquie Southas said...

Your cards are stunning - love that they are so different in color and mood!

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards here Meredith, and I love the floral against the black. Beautiful!
Congrats on your new challenge blog too, I look forward to joining in!

natashakara said...

You did a fab job of interpreting the inspiration image into a card. It looks beautiful! Congrats on your challenge blog too :)

Tracy said...

i'm just a little in love with that beautiful card you made using The Sweet Life :-) The color combos on each flower are so pretty and then the combined effect of them all - just stood out in the gallery of images for the blog hop :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...