Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Happy Birthday...

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating the start of 2013! We kept things low key... I've always kind of thought New Year's Eve was overrated - but I've never been much of a party girl. Once my kids came along, I really felt like being home with them is more fun anyway!

Have you heard? This is the final sketch for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge... I don't play nearly as often as I'd like, but it is truly my favourite sketch challenge... so I am sorry to see it go!


Well... I got a new camera lens for Christmas, so you have to bear with me while I really learn how to use it. So far, I LOVE it and the possibility it presents, however, it is quite the change from what I am used to! Anyway... hopefully you can humour me while I adjust to a new way of photographing projects.


I made this for Josie's birthday... yes, that would be in June! I figured I *had* to play along if it was the last one, and since she's having a strawberry themed party, these were definitely the stamps to be used... so it seemed like the best time to make it right?

Or am I crazy?

I used the Big Berries: Strawberry set (obviously!), and if you peek on the strawberry patterned paper beside the berries you can see I used the "Love You" sentiment from that. I cheated and didn't put my sentiment where the sketch called for it - couldn't make it work - but stamped Happy Happy Birthday using smaller stamps from the Say it Loud set, onto a little tag I attached to my bow.

But forget about my card... my girls had to make birthday cards for Shirley, so I asked them if they wanted to play with the WMS sketch too? Emma was all over it, and Josie just likes to do whatever Emma likes to do...

Emma scrolled through the Mischief Makers' examples, and was drawn to Jen Cuthbertson's design, so she took it from there.


As you can see, she flipped the sketch (when she accidentally adhered her ribbon to the top of the card and not the bottom), and if you look carefully you can see she stamped Happy Birthday (from Say it With Style) on her banner. The heart stamp is from Sweethearts.

Then there was Josie...

Hmm... pretend I didn't just tell you Shirley's age... she might not love that... *wink*


Well, I might have lined up the paper, but they both did their own cutting with the trimmer. Josie *can* use the Big Shot, but she directed me to do it for her this time. You can tell without a doubt who attached her patterned paper to the card base... and she *did* put those numbers on there herself!

Both girls got glitter glue from Santa, so you can see that they put it to work on their cards!

A fun afternoon spent together in the craft room... is there anything better?

Thanks for stopping in to see me... enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Pin It

20 comments:

Ruth S said...

Lovely cards Meredith - not just your fab strawberries one but also cute Josie and Emma getting in on the crafty act again ;) They are gals after mummys heart and I'm sure Shirley will treasure those cards!
Happy new year wishes, Rx

Geri said...

Oh, man...I DIDN't hear they were done with the sketch challenge! I bet lots of people are going to miss that! Your card is just beautiful! And you crack me up...you already know what the theme in June is going to be!!! I love you, Meredith!!! The girls cards are adorable, too! And don't worry...I've already forgotten who that card with the BIG BLACK 65 is for!

Heather Jensen said...

I feel the same as you! I have yet to stay up to ring in the new year and would rather stay home with my family than be out partying.

Beautiful card! Love the sweet berries and beautiful bow. The girls did such a great job with their creations. :)

Hugs~

Kelly S. said...

Oh these are all sweet! What crafty girls, just like their Mom! Love the double big berries on your card, and the lovely patterned paper in the background to match. Thanks so much for all of your WMSC submissions, Meredith! Would love to see you at the upcoming WMS events this year! :)

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous cards, I have enjoyed stopping by your blog to view your WM creations, so glad you played along! Stay tuned for lots more fun at WM....Happy New Year!

enjoy *~*

Nina Yang said...

Happy New Year, Meredith! And hooray for your new lens!!! Yay!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

we kept it low key too...we got chicken and mojos and rented a movie...I brought in the new year with my family, dog, and two cats...and it was a blessing! I love your cards....but really LOVE the strawberry one...please summer get here soon! hugs, cherry

Kristii said...

We kept it low key too!! Love your strawberries! Such a beautiful card and your girls creations are sooo sweet too! Thanks for always inspiring!

Margaret C said...

Happy new year ! I love your berry card - do you know where the strawberry patterned paper came from, it's perfectly proportioned !
Looking forward to lots more wonderful inspiration from you in 2013 !

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!!! Your strawberries card is truly AMAZING!!! LOVE all the wonderful details. Happy new year, Hugs, Karin

Jeanne J said...

Your card is gorgeous Meredith! I love those big berries and all the trims on your card - especially the lace and the bitty tag! How neat that you got your girls to make cards too! They did beautifully! I love the satiny ribbon and the glitter and stars - they each have their own style!

Jean Martin said...

You have been busy! These are fabulous Meredith! Your berry card is absolutely awesome! It's one of my favorites this week! :) Thanks for sharing it with us!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Awe, I am honored to be Emma's inspiration - tell her thank you from me! :) I always love reading your blog, Meredith and look forward to seeing your creations in this new year!

Pauline said...

Simply gorgeous Meredith! I love those sweet strawberries, and the fabulous layers too!
Looks like your girls are a chip of the old block ;-)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Simply stunning Meredith, WOW what a way to use the berries with this sketch, well done and thanks so much for playing along with the last Mischief Maker Sketch!!

Deborah Frings said...

I think your strawberry card is just fabulous - so pretty!! Love the lace and tiny tag and ribbons!

Your girls are obviously taking after Mum! Both are super!

Renee said...

A beautiful take on this last WMSC sketch...
love the big berries!
So perfect with the gorgeous papers!
Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Vickie Z said...

Love those strawberries...wonderful card for your daughter!! The girls made fab cards too....must have been a fun craft day!!

Anonymous said...

rbzdq [url=http://louboutinsaleukauthentic.co.uk]christian louboutin shoes[/url] vzaqfk http://louboutinsaleukauthentic.co.uk flqwc [url=http://redlouboutinshoesuk.co.uk]christian louboutin[/url] dqcgzq http://redlouboutinshoesuk.co.uk pnucr [url=http://redlouboutinsuk.co.uk]christian louboutin uk[/url] ivqouy http://redlouboutinsuk.co.uk slrgc [url=http://discountlouboutinuksale.co.uk]christian louboutin shoes[/url] eqfeef http://discountlouboutinuksale.co.uk rxhcki http://redlouboutinsuk.co.uk heezu [url=http://louisvuittonhandbagsforsales.co.uk]louis vuitton bags[/url] viqqvu http://louisvuittonhandbagsforsales.co.uk mkhjc [url=http://cheaplouivuittonbags.co.uk]louis vuitton[/url] rtrpeh http://cheaplouivuittonbags.co.uk wzamz [url=http://cheapestlouivuittonbags.co.uk]louis vuitton[/url] ontrui http://cheapestlouivuittonbags.co.uk xrnp

Anne-Elise said...

Congratulations on your win with this gorgeous card, Meredith! :) Love the strawberries, the lace and the pretty tag! Your girls made fabulous cards, too! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...