Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday...

Hey guys! Happy weekend to you!

I have actually managed a project for this week's Papertrey Ink Make it Monday! I always watch the videos, I always get excited to do something, and I always run out of time. It's a pattern.



This week, Dawn shared some ideas for packaging cards that have bits and bobs that hang over the card base... I do tend to do this myself, often, so I thought it would be fun to show one way that I use to send these cards. My preferred method is glassine bags, but I went a little crazy on this one and it wouldn't even fit in the ones I have (which aren't as big as PTI's biggest). So I did something else.


It's tough to tell from the photo, but the lace trim hangs off each side, the roses are poking out of both sides, and that bow is *fat*. I do think it'd make it through the mail okay, though!

Here's how I dressed up the extra large envelope to coordinate:



I would have liked to have stamped the woodgrain lightly on the envelope, but it has quite a texture to it, and it just didn't turn out. So I held my breath and decided to just accept it.

Have I mentioned that I could easily stamp these roses on every.single.project? They always turn out so stunning, even if you don't get the perfect alignment every time!

So there you have it... an easy way to mail a bulky card in a really pretty way! I actually don't often decorate envelopes (but definitely the glassine bags), but this reminds me that I probably should...

I'll see you tomorrow for another Scrapbook Sunday post! Enjoy your weekend!

Pin It

12 comments:

Maureen said...

gorgeous card and very sweet envelope :) I like the idea of bigger envelopes and need to try this. That ribbon/bow is amazing!

Rose A said...

Meredith this card is gorgeous! I love how you stamped the roses in 2 different colours !! It looks awesome!!

June K said...

Beautiful card, Meredith. You may the prettiest bows. I love how you often add the buttons.

victoria h said...

Love all the pretty details on your card and your envelope matches perfectly.

Geri said...

Catching up a little, Meredith! This card and it's colors and design turned out absolutely stunning!!! With the matching envelope...it's quite a little set! BEAUTIFUL, my dear friend!!!

Tina said...

Your card is beautiful! You need to make a tutorial on bow making.

Paper and Ribbons said...

This is simply stunnning, so soft a pretty!

Carolanne said...

I agree. I love those roses too! Beautiful card!!! The envelope matches perfectly and is beautiful as well :-) love the bow too!

LINDA M said...

Lovely card!
Love all your embellies.

andie librandi. said...

very pretty card and envelope...love the pink & grey flower combo!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Leigh said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous, Meredith!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...