Wednesday, December 26, 2012

PTI Blog Hop - Thank You...

As I type this, it's actually Christmas Eve... I know myself better than to think I can be organized enough between Christmas morning chaos, Christmas dinner at Shirley's, Boxing Day at the Father in Law's (the day after Christmas in Canada is another holiday!), to remember to write a post!

It's the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, and today's challenge was to create an all-white card. If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know how much I love making all-white cards! How could I not carve out a few minutes to make another?


Last week, Emma and I were given two tickets by a friend of Shirley's to go see the Nutcracker. If you have ever watched my daughter walk, you know she is a ballerina at heart. She currently does "Creative Ballet", and as you can tell from its name, it isn't very serious. But this girl loves everything to do with ballet, and I was excited to take her to her first one. 


You should have seen her. It was 2 hour show, with a short intermission, and here eyes were glued to the stage the *entire* time. By the end of it, I could tell she just wanted to get up and dance herself. She was doing some of the moves in her little booster seat, and I had to keep reminding her that she had to be respectful of those around us. But to see her so in love with the whole thing, so enthralled by the arts... well, it makes my heart swell.

Hopefully if you enlarge this, you can better see how I used embossing powder and light ink to add details to my hexagons, which were debossed using the Hexagon Plate.
So we both needed to make thank you cards to send to the generous fellow who sent us these tickets and gave us such a wonderful night out. 

My favourite part of this post is Emma's card. I showed her one of my cards, and told her I was challenging her to create something based on mine. Well, she took it very seriously. The night before, when we discussed what kind of card she should make on the train ride home, she said she wanted to make it Christmassy, but with a ballerina.


While we were on the shuttle on our way to Disneyland, Emma told me she saw someone's decoration that had holly tucked into the bow, and that she wanted to try that on a card. She didn't forget it when she sat down to make this one, so we added those to it with a little help from Mum. Do you see how, when she wrote in the card, every time I told her to write on the next line, she had to draw one to keep herself in order?

Gosh, I love when we get to create together.

Thanks so much for taking a minute to hang out here... I hope once we're back from our second turkey dinner (have I mentioned that I don't even really like turkey dinner?) I can take some time to relax and hop around to everyone else's all-white beauties!

Pin It

19 comments:

Elena said...

I love a mother-daughter date to go see Nutcracker! My uncle used to take my sisters and I every year and I loved it! I tried to buy tickets for Sofia this year, and her response? "No thanks, that would bum me out." What?? Sigh. Maybe next year ;). Your card is GORGEOUS. And Emma's is beyond precious. I love the hand-drawn lines on the inside.

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful Meredith. Love the 2 different embossed sides and perfect bow. Emma's card is so pretty...tell her she did a wonderful job. :)

Hugs~

Maureen said...

yes, you definitely know white on white! I remember the beautiful card I CASEd of yours a while back :) LOVE the hexagons and wood impression :) How exciting for your little girl :) I'm enjoying a quiet Boxing Day morning and will NOT go shopping! LOL

Joyce said...

Two beautiful cards. I have many happy memories of seeing the Nutcracker when I was young, as well. My daughters would rather watch soccer--go figure.

Tracey McNeely said...

Meredith your card is so gorgeous, Happy Boxing Day, I love that we have a holiday the day after Christmas! The hexagon and woodgrain are amazing and the two tones of white. How wonderful that you and your daughter went to see the Nutcracker, I remember doing the same with mine! Her card is so sweet!

Leigh said...

So very pretty, Meredith! I love the woodgrain combined with the hexagons!

Betty Wright said...

So beautiful, Meredith! Love the touches of tonal embossing. Please tell Emma her card is wonderful and so adorable! Love both!

maryrose said...

Stunning card! And I love Emma's creation, too!

Sue Lelli said...

What a wonderful story! Love the mother/daughter time together! Gorgeous card, Meredith! Your embossing is so Pretty and you bow is so perfect!

Kelly Griglione said...

Your daughter sounds like such a charmer! What a great idea to stick the holly in the bow! Love your card too ... all the textures are delicious!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is gorgeous and so is Emma's!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Another one loving the way you combined the 2 embossed panels! Happy Boxing Day - I don't think I'll ever get used to everyone going back to work the day after Christmas!

Peggysue Turner said...

So lovely and your daughter did a very sweet job!

Kristen :-) said...

Such a sweet card, I love all the textures you created... Keeps the eye moving :-)

Amy Kolling said...

Woweee!!! This is beautiful!!! I love how you used the gorgeous satin ribbon to divide up your backgrounds!

Tasnim said...

Pretty and elegant! I like the neat bow and the subtle neutrals!

Geri said...

Beautiful, Meredith!!! BOTH of them ;)!!!

Tonya Jastad said...

I love both cards! Emma did a fantastic job!

Michelle said...

Meredith, this is so beautiful! I love the combination of woodgrain and hexagons!

Emma's card is gorgeous also! I have a five year old ballerina. When we go to any concert (ballet, music, etc), she can't stay in her seat, she has to get up and dance. This limits the venues I can take her to, LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...