Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Merry Christmas...

Hey guys! This is a whirlwind week around here, I tell you... I am trying my hardest to get all my Christmas stuff in order before we leave on Saturday... not to mention getting ready for our trip! Every day is blending into the next, but it will be worth it at the end of the dash!



Today I am sharing a card I made using some Pink Persimmon stamps, which is being featured over on their blog today... I *love* how this one turned out. It reminds me of something from years gone by... It took some effort, but I enjoyed the whole process, because of how it came together.


I started by stamping the holly image from Holly Wreath repeatedly over the top portion of my cream cardstock. Then I took my Copics and quickly coloured them in - nothing fancy! I used green ink to stamp my holly, but when I was done colouring I thought it would have looked really great if I'd embossed it in gold! Next time...



Then, on the bottom part of the panel, I stamped Santa in his sleigh from the Santa's Sleigh set, over which I lightly stamped some sheet music pattern, just to add some interest. Then I started on creating my label...



I have some really chunky glitter that was left behind from kids' crafts way back when... like, when my husband was a kid... anyway... I used some glue along the edges of my label, then poured on the glitter (after stamping my sentiment and inking the edges). I *love* how it turned out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I gotta get back to the work that's waiting for me... see you soon!

Pin It

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Thank you so much for all the craft fair information. I just recently did my first craft sale and selling my cards. I have done sales before but they were for different crafts. I appreciate all the information about your display and items used to display. I would like to work on my display and have it looking a lot nicer for next year when I plan to do a lot more of these shows. I thought I might even try entering a juried show. I was trying to become a follower but when I click on the Follow button it comes as page not found. I would also love for you take a look at my blog where I've got pictures of the recent craft sale and maybe point out what's wrong. Trust me, you won't offend me because I know it needs work.
Thanks
Marianne

sophie said...

how gorgeous is that card! beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...