Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hang a Shining Star...

Hello my friends!

I am sneaking a post in before my trip, so that I can hopefully link up to this month's Cloud 9 Blog Hop... This was completely a last-minute creation, because I am in the middle of getting everything ready to leave... but when I saw the inspiration photo for this month's Hop, I could *not* resist.


These are my favourite colours this year - I just can't get enough of light blue/aqua with red and white. And look at that beautiful sofa - with snowflakes! You can bet that if I didn't have a husband to push practicality, I would *so* own that... *wink*


I am in *love* with the Folk Art Flurries set... these lacy, whimsical snowflakes are just so beautiful... and I've managed to use them in some non-holiday applications too. Gotta love versatility!


From the inspiration photo, I concentrated on the colours (though I took some liberty with my shade of blue), and the snowflakes. I thought the theme of the room seemed like a contemporary rustic feel, which is why I embossed my background with woodgrain.

I also added just a couple of accents in kraft, to pick up those beautiful wooden chairs. Here's a close up of my stamped background:


How sweet is this sentiment? I am in love with the font combinations, and they always leave me singing Christmas carols after I've picked one to use!



That's my card for today! As you read this, we'll be touring the Magic Kingdom with our two favourite little girls... I can't wait!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It

7 comments:

Maureen said...

what a delightfully gorgeous card! Love everything about it and your commentary sure shows how much you love it too :) I know you'll be having the time of you life with your family at the Happiest Place on Earth! Enjoy and safe travels home :)

Elena said...

GORGEOUS! and, I cannot wait to hear about how surprised your girls were! Hope your trip is magical!

Dawn said...

Words can not express how much I LOVE this card! Seriously one if my all time favorites. Hope you ate having a wonderul time at Disney!

anya said...

Amazing! I love the background stamped and then embossed in the woodgrain - it creates such a rustic feel! Love the sentiment on the snowflake, too! Glad you could squeeze in some time to play along with this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

Leigh said...

This is gorgeous, Meredith! I hope you're enjoying your time at Disney!

Kara said...

so pretty Meredith!

Wida said...

just gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...