Sunday, December 2, 2012

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour - Friends Warm the Heart...

Happy Monday my friends! I am in a *good* mood today, because we had a successful craft fair (my nerves were quickly alleviated within the first four hours of selling!), and now we're into the final countdown before we surprise our girls with something pretty big... on Saturday, very early in the morning, we will be getting them out of bed before the sun comes up, loading them into a limousine (it's cheaper than a cab!) and whisking them away for a surprise trip to Disneyland! I am getting very excited for them...

It's the first Monday of December (!), which means it's time for another tour around the world with Flourishes Beautiful World Team! This month, we are hosted by my friend Naomi, who actually lives about 20 minutes away from me... we haven't met in real life yet, however I recently discovered she works at my favourite LSS (so I am guessing we actually *have* met, we just didn't know it).


You should have arrived here from Chupa's blog, but if not, you might want to start back at the Flourishes blog! And don't forget to comment on all the designers' blogs, as you might win yourself a free set of stamps!  This month, the theme is "Shine", inviting us to explore the theme of glass... perfect for this time of year filled with beautiful glass tree ornaments! At least, that's the way I chose to go with my card for this month!


I have to tell you, my absolute favourite colour scheme this year is red and white (or in this case, cream) and aqua. So much so, I am *very* tempted to add some aqua ornaments to my red and white tree!

So you can see I chose to go with a vintage styled glass ornament image from the All that Glitters set, which I covered in glossy accents. It just wasn't quite enough for me, so I cheated and added a touch of glitter. I have to say, it's neat! Not quite the same as just adding glitter with adhesive; still sparkly, but kind of subtle, if those two things even go together!


And another stamped background - I think Flourishes stamps are some of my favourites to do this with. I used the Warm Winter Wishes set... it has a *great* variety of snowflakes in it, and you know me and snowflakes!

Now that you've seen my shiny card, it's time to jet off to your next destination on the world tour... to beautiful Finland, where you will visit:


Pin It

17 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

A really lovely card. Love the bauble and the choice of colours. The aqua is beautiful.

Anne-Elise said...

So beautiful, Meredith! Love your stamped background, the lovely ornament and the pretty tag with the cute bell! Gorgeous! Hugs

Geri said...

Oh, I would love to see your girls' faces, Meredith!!! Don't think I need to say...ENJOY!!!! Your card is just beautiful! I ADORE your color choices, that sweet tinsel peeking out, and the gorgeous sparkly ornament!!! Really, REALLY beautiful!!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the tinsel effect! : )

Tricia

Miriam Prantner said...

What fun colors! I love the tinsel trim and the other trims too, great design!

Karen W said...

Very pretty and beautiful colors!

ChristineCreations said...

This is so pretty Meredith! I love the tones to the ornament, especially with the tinsel!....and the sparkle is awesome!

Sue D said...

Very pretty color combo and I like the glitter and tinsel.

Leigh said...

Wow, Disneyland! I'm so excited for you, Meredith!
Gorgeous card, as always!

Sasha said...

Your stamped background looks fabulous, Meredith. I love your pretty glass bauble too. Your sprinkling of glitter does give it a lovely vintage feel. Such a beautiful festive card x

How wonderful that you are surprising your little girls with a trip to Disney! Have a fabulous time!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... the color combo is so striking!

zehra said...

beautiful card, love the colors, very festive

Ravengirl said...

This is tremendously impressive! I love the coloring on the ornament and the beautiful shine and shimmer!

lisa808 said...

So pretty--love the beautiful bow, tinsel, and glittery prettiness of the ornament.

Maria said...

Gorgeous...just gorrrrgeousss!!!

Lisa H. said...

this is gorgeous! I too, love the red and white and aqua color combo, too! you do great work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...