Friday, December 21, 2012

Festive Friday - Last Minute Cards...

I simply can *not* comprehend that we are mere days away from Christmas! I can tell you that taking a week to go on a holiday in the middle of the holiday season is a surefire way to rush straight to the finish line! *wink*

I make my cards throughout the year (you know that, you've seen them!), but inevitably there are always a few more that I need come the last few weeks. Which is fine with me, because it allows me to use my  newer Christmas stamps! Here is my disclaimer: Because we were short on time before our trip, these photos were taken in a new location with different light, when I had a minute. Forgive the slight colour discrepancies!


So I have two designs to share with you today, both of which came together super quick because they were remakes of cards I created previously. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

The first one was based on a card I created for a Flourishes 10 Minute Thursday post awhile back... same layout, same quick details, just switching out the stamps and colours.


I made 4 of these in something like 20 minutes. Mass producing is a great way to get a lot done in a little time.

Next, I have something using my new WPlus9 goodies... I am so quickly falling deeply in love with this company!



Again, I used a layout that I've used a few times before... you might remember it on this card, which I made for my daughter's friend's birthday. I liked the layout, and again, because I copied the details and layout, then made a few at the same time, they came together quickly.


Yikes... weird colours... this one was a *super* tricky one to adjust!

I am in love with these carollers. All I did was use some VersaMark to give them their definition, and I just fell in love. These were the last image in the set I thought I would use, as I bought it for so many other elements, but they just worked so perfectly here.


So if you need a couple of cards for the last few days ahead, remember that you have other cards in your arsenal that you loved when you made them - so make them again with some new stamps! *wink*

Thank you so much for popping in for the last Festive Friday of 2012. I'll give you a break for the next couple of weeks, since I am sure we'll all be over it for a little while!

Pin It

3 comments:

Maureen said...

these sure get me in the Christmas spirit! Not that I'm not, but they are gorgeous. I'm pretty much ready for our house guests to arrive. One more day of work too! Merry Christmas to you and thanks for all the inspiration this year :)

Geri said...

These are both beautiful, Meredith! Those little carolers on the bottom one are so sweet on that little tag! And that font on the sentiment is really pretty, too! Love 'em! (Sure enjoyed getting my little pretty in the mail! Loved it on the blog, but loved it even more in my little hands!!! So very sweet and thoughtful of you!!!!) Have a Merry Christmas day with hubby and little ones!!!

Heather Jensen said...

Both are so very pretty. The background stamping makes for a very quick card. I am going to try this more often. I love the W plus 9 as well, but do not own any yet. :)

Merry Christmas!

Hugs~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...