Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: The Favourites...

It's that time of year when many designers take their favourite projects from the past 12 months, and puts them together in one big post. So here I am, with the projects that I loved creating the most during 2012. Basically, I went through my photos and picked the ones that were the most fun for me to make.

I'll do my best to put these in some kind of chronological order! They might be a little out of whack, but hey... they're just my favourites from the year, nothing more fancy than that!


Cherries... you knew that was coming though, didn't you? I loved putting this card together, with the felt cherries, and this was the first time I used thread to tie my buttons - LOVED how that turned out.



This is one I created for a Papertrey Ink Make-it-Monday, to get creative with your sentiments. Another brilliant tutorial from Betsy Veldman! I was just really pleased with the stamped layers, and the finished product was one that just felt so satisfying when I was done, you know?


Ah, the toilet roll. These kind of took over my craft table this year. You didn't see them, but I made nearly 50 of them for the craft sale in December. This one was for Shirley's Mother's Day gift, the first one I made, and my favourite of all of them.


Tags... I *love* making tags. I made this one for Josie's birthday gift, and just loved how it came together. I actually use the same basic elements and layout to my tags, just switch out the materials. I used Crate Paper goodies from their Emma's Shoppe collection, one of my favourites of all time. You know that makes it a winner for me!


And Josie's birthday card... Another one using Crate Paper, which you know I love. You know how some cards just make themselves and when they're done you can't stop looking at them? This was one of those.


I made this one for a publication call, and was just *so* in love with it when I was finished. It's simple, it's graphic, and it's pretty. Not my usual layered mess, but still one of my absolute favourites.


Emma's birthday card. I loved the texture, the layers, the light colours. I just had a lot of fun putting it together, and it was so perfect for her. She loved it!


This is one of the first times I created what I would consider a youthful card, and was actually pleased with how it turned out. I had next to no time to make something, so I quickly jotted down a sketch, picked some bright colours and threw it together - I liked it so much I copied the sketch for some of my Christmas cards!


This one was a *huge* accomplishment for me. I am NOT good at anything mathematical, so figuring out the right triangle shape to actually pull this pattern off was a major challenge, and took me *forever*. But when it was done, I was so glad I stuck it out! Luckily, I kept the template so if I ever want to recreate it, it will go much faster!


I take *no* credit for this card... Betsy Veldman blew up blogland when she came up with her chalkboard stamping technique, and I was just another stamper along for the ride. When I saw her tutorial, I was *blown away*! I gathered up some of my newer stamps and just played around with them, until I came up with this. I was pretty proud of thinking up the Christmas tree shape, though!

And my favourite holiday card of all this year:


I created this one with one of the few new WPlus9 sets I picked up for Christmas, and I was just *so* in love with it when I was done. This easily became my favourite colour combo of the season - heck, the year - and with the snowflakes thrown in, well... it was a sure thing for me!

So those are my favourite projects from 2012. They're the ones that I enjoyed creating the most, they're the ones I felt great about posting, and the ones I had a hard time parting with (well - the ones I managed to give away!). I hope you enjoyed my stroll through the year!

Have a wonderful New Year's celebration, whatever you're doing. Stay safe, stay warm and have fun! See you in 2013, my friends!

Pin It

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Every card here is amazing! You are so good with that vintage touch! So many fun patterns and colors! I love them all! I hope 2013 is a fabulous year for you!!

Ruth S said...

How lovely to revisit some of your cards Meredith - I have been missing my craft desk while away over the holidays so you're leaving me very inspired to when I get back to it!!
Hope you've all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2013, Rx

Elena said...

You're so talented, friend! I love them all - you've had an amazing crafty year!

Sonya said...

Thanks for the recap. As always, love your cards. I'll be needing you to teach me how to do the triangle layout...unless,, of course, there's a die I can buy. LOL.

Happy New Year to you, too.

Sonya said...

Love the recap. I'll be needing you to show me how to do the triangle pattern unless there's a die I can buy to recreate it. LOL.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful cards,Happy New Year..

Leigh said...

They are all so very lovely, but I think that chalkboard one is my favourite!
Happy 2013, Meredith!

Geri said...

They're all beauties, Meredith! I need that triangle template! That one is definitely my favorite...I've always wanted to do it! So nice to see all these in one post...just beautiful!!! Happy New Year!!!






Cherry's Jubilee said...

Every one is outstanding...but my fave and this is surprising is that heart w/ the xoxo......simple but just gorgoeus. Not usually the way I gravitate but it makes me want to try cas. cherry

Wida said...

I came over to check out your blog segment Festive Friday and found all kinds of good stuff. so now you have a new follower ;) Congrats on a wonderful 2012, all the creations were so so pretty. love the chalk card too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...