Friday, November 9, 2012

Warm Wishes...

Happy Saturday! Okay, it's actually still Friday night where I am, but a girl's gotta post when she's got a free second, right?

Today I am participating in my first Cloud 9 Blog Hop... I've followed the Hop since it started earlier this year, but this is the first time I've managed to play along!


This month, we were challenged to draw inspiration from the photo below, and create a project based on that.

Source
Now, this is decidedly festive, I know... but as I am waiting on an order of new stamps, I actually only have one WPlus9 set in my collection for the time being!


I loved the bright colours in the photo, so I used those as my inspiration. I also CASE-d a card by Dawn, because I really loved the layout of it.

You can see I used the same poppy image to stamp my own background in a light blue colour, then added some trim and patterned papers to incorporate the other colours. I really do love piling on the patterns and layers!

I am looking forward to my shipment of stamps arriving so I can play next month too!

That's all I have today... thanks so much for popping in on me!

Pin It

6 comments:

Kim said...

I am loving your take on the inspiration photo...just so stunning and the lace trim adds such warmth to your beautiful card.

Christina said...

Meredith, this is so beautiful! I haven't used this set nearly enough, as I'm intimidated by coloring those pretty blooms, but you've done a gorgeous job! I especially love the outline stamping on the background.

Helen L said...

It's been a long time since I have stopped by. I saw your card and wanted to say hi!! Lovely card: I love the colors and the outline stamping for the background. :-) So glad to see what you've been up to: have a great week!! Hugs, Helen

anya said...

Hi Meredith! I love how you took a non-holiday set and made it work beautifully for this challenge! Can't wait to see what you create with your new stamps! So we'll see you here next month? Hope so! So glad that you joined us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

Dawn said...

Definitely loving your take on the inspiration Meredith. I always enjoy your creations so much. Always makes me smile when I see you've used Wplus9, cause I just know you will do something fabulous!

Suzanne said...

Meredith, you are so talented. I don't own this particular set and I am just loving how you've made me see it in a whole new light. This is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks so very much for joining us at Cloud9!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...