Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Birthday - and a *Winner*!

Well, the Christmas storm has officially struck our house. I have 2 of our trees up... a couple more to go! But I'll get into that closer to Christmas.... Anyway, I love the decorating, I love the house being lit by twinkle lights, and just the festive mood that is set by it all. Emma is just as excited as I am, which, in turn, means so is her little sister. It truly is the most wonderful time of year around here!

So, because today I have a winner from my Paper Crafts: Die Cutting for Paper Crafters blog hop post, I thought I would share a card that *didn't* make it into the issue.



Because the challenge was to use our dies in non-conventional ways, I decided to create a birthday card that included a handmade gift to create the focal point, utilizing my dies.


As the mother of two little girls, you can likely imagine the drawer full of bows, barrettes and headbands that we have around here... So I made something I knew I would love to receive as a gift, also knowing that I have other little girls in my life that could use this gift as well!

I used my dies to cut through a few layers of felt, and simply stitched them together and tied it all up with a button on top. I just used scor-tape to adhere these to hair slides from the drugstore, though thinking on it, I think hot glue would be the wiser option. Then I just used my hold punch to create slots that they slid into on the cardstock panel. Easy!




The hair pins actually created the curve in my panel, which was a happy accident, as I thought it added some interest to the overall project!

But anyway... I know why you're really here... you want to know if you won a free issue of this awesome publication, right? Forget my card, it's all about the WINNER!

So, without further adieu, Random.org chose......

Kim from Cupcakes, Cards and Kim!

Kim, please email me with your address information so I can get your copy on its way to you! Thank you so much to everyone who left such lovely comments and participated in the Hop... I *so* appreciate everyone who took a second out to leave me some love, and I wish I had a prize for each and every one of you!

Thanks for popping in today... I have a bunch of holiday projects ready to share, so stay tuned!

Pin It

3 comments:

Ruth S said...

This is a gorgeous project - I love those hair pins myself ;)
I'm wishing I were as 'ahead of the game' as you with my festive makes... looking forward to seeing what you've been creating and hoping you'll inspire me to get a move on with my ever-growing list! Rx

Kim said...

Adorable card and even more adorable hair pins...You are just so talented and creative. Thank you for the new magazine too, can't wait, you made my day!

Geri said...

The hair pins are adorable...and so cute to work them into your card like that! Today is our Thanksgiving...thinking of you and so happy and thankful to call you 'friend'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...