Friday, November 9, 2012

Festive Friday - Wishing You the Happiest of Holidays...

I love Betsy Veldman. No, seriously. I mean, I've never met her or anything, and she doesn't even know my name, but I think we could be crafty BFF's, if only we lived in the same country. I have learned *so* many things from her blog, and her Make it Monday videos tend to be techniques I go back to over and over again.



Now, the idea of this week's MIM video wasn't something totally new to me... but there is something about the way Betsy can take an idea I have seen or tried, and make it even better than it was before. And I want to do it over and over and over again.

Basically, the idea is using dies to make parts of your stamp stand out, so to be able to use them as a focal point. Easy, and so effective!



I took a sentiment from my Holiday Wishes stamp set (easily one of my favourites for sentiments), and used my Script Alphabet dies to let the 'happiest' take center stage. And I let the letters overlap like that because I wanted to. That's why. *wink*

Then, because dotting my 'i' with just a piece of paper is just oh-so-predictable, I decided to dress it up by adding a rhinestone to a button then attaching that instead.

If I had more time, I'd make 13 more cards using this technique. I probably still will make a bunch more, but maybe not in time to link up... I just had so much fun with it!

Hey, did you know I am doing a small giveaway? Just go to this post to find out more!

Have a nice weekend!

Pin It

5 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Gorgeous, Meredith! I'm pinning it.

Geri said...

This is an awesome card, Meredith!!! Really love your background with the sentiment! Beautiful colors, too! LOVE!!!

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! I ♥ Betsy, too, and am always thrilled when she hosted a MIM!

Dana Nelson said...

This is absolutely lovely!! Perfect harmony of elements!

angelabranon said...

Beautiful card. Love the layout and the color combo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...