Friday, November 30, 2012

Festive Friday - Joy, Love & Peace...

Well, my friends.. it's finally here. Our craft fair starts this evening... we'll be rushing through errands in the morning (gotta squeeze pictures with Santa in there!), then we'll be headed to set up. I am nervous, and relieved, all at once! And to all of you lovely friends who have requested photos of our table... don't you worry! I'll be doing a full post of photos after it's all done!

Okay, so have you *seen* this post by Betsy Veldman? That woman's creativity and ingenuity never ceases to amaze me. I only wish I had an ounce of her ability to see things the way she does. We've all seen the incredible array of chalkboard art on Pinterest... who ever thought to stamp it? Betsy, that's who!


For SURE I had to try this out. I was so excited when I read Betsy's post that I couldn't wait to create my own version. Mine is more simple than hers, because I squeezed this in when I had a few minutes between chores and getting ready for our sale. I definitely want to try it again though, because it was *so* fun!


Can you tell what it is? I was playing around on a scrap piece of paper to get my words laid out where I liked them, and it hit me... a Christmas tree!

I kept it pretty simple otherwise, because I wanted the chalkboard effect to take center stage. Being a 'flourish' addict, I have a lot of stamps in my arsenal that I think would be fun to combine with sentiments for this effect. I can't wait to try some more!

Thank you so much for popping in on me, and please cross your fingers... I am just so nervous no one will like our stuff!

Have a great weekend!

Pin It

13 comments:

Elena said...

I'm obsessed - Betsy's technique is making the rounds, and I'm loving all of the cards people are making. This is stunning! I adore your christmas tree!

Geri said...

LOVE it!!! Good luck!!!!

Laura B. said...

Love this gorgeous chalkboard look!

janmjax said...

Meredith they will love your stuff! Everything you have shared on your blog has been gorgeous! I wish you luck and can't wait to see the pics!

Ren-Yi said...

oh Oh oh oh... oh my Meredith. Hotness. that's all i have to say. back to staring at your beautiful work...

Dana Nelson said...

This technique is pure genius! Not to mention the fabulous tree you made!!

Chunyuan Wu said...

awesome take of the chalkboard.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

this is beautiful! isee the tree...perfect! Tell us how u did it pretty please?

Kim said...

Just beautiful...love that look of the chalkboard and your addition of those sweet snowflakes, just perfect!

Precious Crafts said...

Looking at this and all your lovely previous creations, I am certain everyone who dropped by your booth/table would be awed struck by your designs. What a wonderful tree!

Kristii said...

You totally rocked the chalkboard look!!! Soooo perfect!!!

Leigh said...

Oh, my goodness! How cool is this! You rocked the chalkboard technique and took it up a notch by making it into a tree! Super cool and creative!!

Wida said...

Omg love it. The tree idea is genius

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...