Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Trick or Treat - Waltzingmouse Blog Party...

Shoot! I hate when I forget what day it is...

Today is the Waltzingmouse Blog Party, and I really wanted to make sure I played along... and I had a publication reject that I knew would fit today's colour theme perfectly. But I have to photograph my cards differently for submission than I like them for my blog... in short, please forgive the un-imaginative photo!

Today's party is a colour challenge. and the colours are decidedly Halloween, if you ask me... even if Lynn said they didn't have to be! *wink*

I created some halloween tags last year for my girls, so of course I still have them. I decided to re-purpose them and create a card using one as a focal point.


Some old Basic Grey paper worked for my background, and in case you can't tell, I glittered my focal image to give it some vintage appeal.

Sorry for the terrible photo, but I am glad I managed to play along! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Pin It

23 comments:

Geri said...

CUTE!...I CAN see the glitter! Your purple (and orange) color pops against those other darker colors! Love it! Sweet image!

Maureen said...

a sparkly delight! Love the ribbon and pins!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Meredith...this is amazing. Love your black tag and what a great backdrop it makes for that shimmery image. Love the bow with your stick pins and your glittery clothes pin. Truly delightful.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooooo!! I just LOVE all your distressing and sparkle!! Love the fun bat pin and clothespin too!! There are so many yummy details on this card!!

Julia Aston said...

Oh - I LOVE the glitter on your cute row of jack o'lanterns Meredith! It makes it look vintagey! so pretty with all the pins and great ribbon!

Lee said...

Lots of eye candy on your lovely card...glitter, bow, pins...love it all.

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent Meredith, I love the sparkle over your label! Hope you are doing well.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love this!! The way you use glitter is such an inspiration!! Super job!

Joyce said...

Very pretty. I love tags on cards.

Cathy Weber said...

It should have been chosen...very pretty and I especially love those Halloween stick pins!

Jeanne J said...

So many pretty things here - love your stamped pumpkins in a row, those neat stick pins... and that sparkly clothespin! Beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous and I love that you reused some of the items from last year. Love the glitter look, and stick pins.

Deborah Frings said...

Love the glittered image - makes the pumpkins looks really spooky! Love the little bat pin too!

Kelly S. said...

Sugary fab! Love the pumpkins all lined up in a row. Such sweet embellishments and that spider webby looking paper makes an awesome background for your Halloween card!

Kim said...

oh, I love all of your glitter...and that tag, just amazing.

Charmaine Stack said...

I love that you recycled a tag and the vintage look to the jack o lanterns with the gliter.

Asha said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the distressed shabby background. And who's not partial to a bit of glitter, eh?

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Fabulous creation Meridith and loving that sparkle

Ali x

Claire said...

Love the glitter on the tag and how great that you managed to do some recycling! The background paper is perfect!

Renee said...

LOVE that glittered focal image...
your pumpkin patch is absolutely fabulous! :)
What a beautiful card...
and it's always nice when you can repurpose!

Sarah said...

Love the little bat pin and all the other little details especially the glittery pumpkins.

Claire Brennan said...

Gosh Meredith, I love how you made those little pumpkins look vintagy!!! gorgeously done, love the sparkly finish, this is just a treat!! hope you don't mind if i pin!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Pauline said...

Love those glittered pumpkins! Such a fab card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...