Thursday, October 25, 2012

Non-Traditional Christmas Tags - Papertrey Ink Blog Hop...

Hello, my friends!

Today is the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, and I *loved* this month's challenge. Nichole posted some inspiration boards on her blog, and asked us to create a holiday project using non-traditional colour schemes, based on her interpretations (using Papertrey colours).



The hardest part was choosing which one to go with! But, the choice had to be made, and this is the way I decided to go:


I love how you can take shades that would normally not say "Christmas" at a first glance, but put them with some holiday accents, and suddenly you have a beautiful winter theme.




I used the new Do Me a Favor Tags stamp set (I am *so* thrilled with this set, I can't even tell you!), and created a collection of tags using the colours in the palette. The only thing on these tags that makes them Christmas is the little felt accents I cut using the Holly Jolly dies.





Aren't they fun? I though I'd add these to our collection of goods to sell at the Craft Sale (which, because my good friend Geri was wondering, is the first weekend in December!).


Some of the colours I was missing in my collection in terms of accents, so I just sort of filled in with my closest matches.


And I literally had enough scrap left of my New Leaf sample paper to cut two tag bases!


I just tried my best to combine all of the colours on each tag in some way or another... I think I managed okay!


Don't you think it's something that you just have to add a little holiday accent to change the entire theme?


So that's my collection of non-traditional tags! Thanks so much for visiting me on your hop... now I can't wait to see everyone else's take on this fun challenge!

Pin It

26 comments:

Elena said...

So perfect! I love the tiny felt holly on each tag :)

June K said...

Love your pretty tags, Meredith. You really did a great job with them.

Geri said...

Well, thank you, my good friend, Meredith, for reminding me;) Lot's of these Christmas sales take place in November so I thought 'man...that could be RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!' I'm so anxious to hear how you do! Seems like you should have lots of goodies by now! I think these tags should be a hit! Nice way to layer those pretty colors. Somehow I've missed the 'do me a favor' set???...news to me....but it sure looks cute layered up like this! Love em!

Maureen said...

what a gorgeous mix of fun little elements! Love your layers of colour :)

Joanne said...

Very simple and elegant. Love the small additions to each card.

Laura B. said...

So many beautiful tags!

heartforhandmade said...

Cant choose a favorite, I love all your tags, so fun and festive.

Cheryl said...

I agree. Your tags are simple and elegant, and the colors work together beautifully.

Tracey McNeely said...

Meredith all your tags are fabulous!

Wida said...

cute cute cute cute ALL of it!

Joyce said...

Wow--your tags are very beautiful. I"m sure you will sell a bunch.

Deborah Frings said...

Meredith - your Christmas tags are just fabulous! I adore the little felt holly leaves and touch of bling!

angelabranon said...

These are such lovely tags. Your recipients will be lucky to get a gift from you.

Marybeth said...

These will go fast! Love the colors of your gorgeous tags! So much fun making tags!

Marybeth said...

These will go fast! Love the colors of your gorgeous tags! So much fun making tags!

Rhonda said...

Oh my! You are going to push me off the fence on this stamp set. Love your designs!

Jacquie Southas said...

love seeing the variety of color combinations - fabulous tags that will definitely sell

cards by cara said...

What fun tags!!

pamela said...

I love the cute details of the felt holly!!!! These are just perfect for the craft sale!

Lee said...

These tags are so pretty. Love all the little details!

Terri said...

They are all great. The felt holly is the perfect addition to make them into holiday tags.

Michelle said...

Oh my... these are so CUTE! Love that stamp set (might "need" to purchase!) and these will surely sell quickly at the Craft Sale!

Cindy H. said...

Meridith, I love your tags! The colors you picked are so perfect for them and I love the touches of felt, ribbon and bling - so elegant.

Ruth S said...

Oh these tags are adorable - perfectly festive, even in non-trad colours! Those dinky felt holly leaves are so sweet! Rx

LEG Studios said...

Great assortment of tags - so festive!

victoria h said...

great tags love the felt holly embellishment on each one

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...