Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Boo!

I have to admit, this year has been a lot more low key around our parts for Halloween. I usually haunt the outside of the house, decorate the inside, bake cookies, make more crafts... I just wasn't really into it this year, because of other things that were on our plate.

Saying all of that, this was the time Emma decided she would host her first party. Now, I *may* have planted that seed, but that girl takes after her mother, and ran away with the idea.



She looked through Pinterest with me, and we picked out a few fun things that she could help me make her guests. She picked who she wanted to come, and asked them all to come over for a "Surprise". I thought she'd invite a few of her little friends, but instead she asked her Uncles and her grandmother!


So, we spent most of Saturday creating our spooky treats together, after Dad and Josie made themselves scarce, so as not to ruin any surprises.



Now, these are the easiest thing in the world to make... just a dab of icing on top of a chocolate digestive, and plop a Hershey's Kiss on top, before adding a ribbon of frosting. Emma made up this whole story about how these tiny witches would crash our party, looking for their hats, but we'd be prepared so we could fend them off!



And those same witches would be looking for their tiny pumpkins, so we'd tell them to just leave us alone, and not touch the pumpkins!

Those were my favourite treat of the whole spread... they were so easy to make (though a bit time consuming - but totally worth it), and turned out so cute!



Now, the ones on Pinterest look way more impressive. These were fighting me the whole way, and I was rushing to get them done and on the table before the apples turned brown. But, Emma thought they were great fun, and they got a good laugh at the table!



Well... I guess the witch we took our fingers from was a man... tradesman, I'd say, from the size of them... delicious, though!


My crafty little monkey made these. We got the idea online (what the heck did we do before Pinterest?!), and used black duct tape from the dollar store, which I cut into the shapes for her - she did all the placement herself. She even took some of the mouths and put them upside down, "so some of them are mad and scary." Gosh, I love her.


We decided to make our tiny little mini-burgers into jack-o-lanterns too!


We bought these plastic vampire teeth for a dollar (I think we got 10 for that price?), and substituted them for napkin rings!

Emma chose all the plates and napkins, and she helped me set everything up and make the food... even if I did have to keep reminding her just whose party this was!

We had a lot of fun, and she was *beyond* excited to be the little hostess (until it was time to clean up)... how adorable, and I won't lie: I love that she's taking after her mother! Everything was taken from Pinterest, so have a glance there if you are curious - otherwise, pop me an email and I can help you!

I hope you're having a wonderful Halloween, and that you manage to enjoy at least a *few* of your kids' treats. I already made Josie promise me a couple of her Coffee Crisps! *wink*

Pin It

10 comments:

June K said...

I think I need to come to your house for Halloween. All the food looks so yummy all decorated. So cute.

Laura B. said...

What a cute party!

pamela said...

I'm now craving for rice krispies pumpkins!

maria f. said...

Wow - that will be one everyone remembers - forever!

laughadaisy said...

Wow! This looks like one fantastic party. You are amazing. ;-)

Pauline said...

What a fabulous spread on your Halloween table! I love the little rice krispie pumpkins, but my favourite are the digestive witches hats! Great inspiration!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, what a great party, Meredith! So many delicious sweets and cookies!! Just amazing!

Maria said...

CUTE Halloween FUN!!!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Well I am just sore that i wasn't invited! I love the stories she made about the tiny witches and pumpkin soo cute! I bet fun ws had by all!

Geri said...

Oh, my...how fun and sweet was all this!!! And I'm still smiling from your funny little narrative...sounds like the BEST mommy/daughter time!!! So glad you shared!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...