Sunday, October 21, 2012

CASADIA... Happy Birthday to You...

Have you heard of this fun little thing that's making its way through blogland?

CASADIA... started by Wida, is the *most* fun idea, and I am so excited that I get to be a part of it. It started with a card created by Laura Bassen, which was case-d by Jennifer Rzasa. Wida was inspired by Jennifer's card, case-d it, and was inspired to start a "case chain". Neat, right?



I have to say... if you go through the chain, the cards, up to this point, have been beautifully CAS... so I thought I would throw a wrench right into things, and toss the whole thing on its ear! *wink*

Here is where the chain started, with Laura's stunning card:


And here is where it led, to the card I case-d, by Maria Fischer:


As soon as I saw Maria's card, the bloom stood out at me, reminding me of the peonies from my Pretty Peonies (PTI) set. I also knew I wanted to incorporate the red from the sentiment, and the deer led me in a 'woodsy' direction. Here, let me show you:


I tried my hand at the letterpress technique, using a woodgrain impression plate. You can see I incorporated the peony I mentioned, and I added the red accents as well.

So what do you think? Too much of a reach? *wink*

You must go here and see the chain in action. It's really cool to see the whole thing evolve, and there are some really great designers involved. I can't wait to see Dana's take on my card!

Pin It

9 comments:

Geri said...

I love what you did with the impression plate (I've seen it before...but I forget how it's done!). Really cool look though...and I love the colors you've used! Really turned out gorgeous!

Heather Jensen said...

Very pretty...such a neat idea. :)

Hugs~

Wida said...

uhhh...I am speechless. I see the read, I see the woodgrain that kind of looks like the gold flower on Maria's card, I see the peonie, I see the brown, I see the white, I see the sentiment with the one word that has the special font. BUT I have no idea how you did this card! It is so pretty. I wish I could create like this, but my brain doesn't go this way at all! beautiful job.

Laurie said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! I love the woodgrain!!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! I love the woodgrain!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful cards!!! I hope you are having a great week. Melisa

~amy~ said...

gasp....this is gorgeous! What a fun take on Maria's card!

maria f. said...

Had to come check this out. Wasn√Ąt this fun. Way to go - up the anty. All I can say is I'm happy I was before and not after you ;)

Dana Nelson said...

Here's the next card in the chain:
http://glimmercraft.blogspot.ca/2012/11/casadia.html.
Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...