Monday, September 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party - May You Live Happily Ever After...

Today is a sad day for me. No really... My tiny baby (who is no such thing) is starting Preschool today. Preschool. Like, where big kids go. Real kids. Not babies. I don't know how this is even possible, because about three weeks ago, I was laying in a hospital bed, holding this tiny little person on my chest, falling madly in love.

She is so excited. *So* excited. She has her new school clothes, her new backpack, and its matching lunch bag. She picked out today's outfit about three weeks ago. Around that same time, she started counting sleeps. I try not to pout in front of her... although she knows exactly how I feel, and has made a game of it; "Do you... *want* me to go to school?" [insert sly grin here]. Monkey.

I know she'll love it, and I know it will be good for her. So I keep telling myself I'll love it too. Besides, now the littler monkey and I can have some one on one time for a change. That's good, right?

Luckily, a certain mouse planned a party today to help distract me from my sorrows...

The theme this month is a fun one to create for: Fall. I love the rich, warm colours and textures! I *love* summer the best, but I won't lie - I can't get enough of the coziness of Fall.


We have a wedding to go to later in October, so I knew this was the perfect excuse to create a card for that... fall + wedding = fall wedding card. Easy!


I used a bunch of different sets to create this one... as I often do, I stamped my own background, and added the beautiful sentiment to my die cut. I *love* this set and the fonts Claire chose for it!

I also used up some of my 'good' stuff for this one, since I think generally, people keep their wedding cards. I don't use my favourites on cards that I think will end up in the recycling!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and distracting me from what is clearly a traumatic day around here... *wink*

Of course, she'll come home with all kinds of wonderful stories, and I'll be so excited to hear them all! Tough gig, this whole "Mum" thing...

Pin It

16 comments:

Elena said...

It is a tough gig! Enjoy the special time with your littlest monkey - it all goes by so fast!! Lovely card - I love how rich the fall colors look...

Geri said...

Hang in there, Meredith...you'll survive it!!! Love your card! Very 'fall' like, but very fresh!!!

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely elegant and beautifully done with these colors. Rich in details and in the spirit of LOVE for a fall wedding card, Meredith!

Kim said...

What a stunning wedding card and so perfect for a fall wedding. Your stick pins are so pretty and that lace, so elegant. Beautiful card.

Marybeth said...

This is gorgeous!Love your lace and bow with twine.

Marybeth said...

I forgot to say that I hope your heavy heart will lighten soon. I know it will.

Craftilicious said...

Beautiful wedding card - so romantic and lush.

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous design, Meredith! Love the way you used the flourish! The colors and embellishing are so beautiful on this!

Bonnie said...

Oh that tough gig thing never goes away I'll have you know - once a mum always a mum - worry worry worry lol. But you used your worry marvelously and this card is gorgeous - I can see a CASE coming on from this end - so pretty in those fall colours!

Charmaine Stack said...

Hope the restof the day went well. Lovely "Meredith style" card. I like the way you used the flourish stamp.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Meredith - your post really made me smile. I remember just how I felt when my "baby" went to school for the first time - now she's a big 11 year old! I get just what you mean about time. I'm sure your little one will have a fabulous time!

Your Fall wedding card is just stunning! I love the distressed edges, the soft shading, the pretty bow & pins and that gorgeous lace. It's stunning!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, you are too funny Meredith! Wouldn't it be just awful if she DIDN'T want to go to school (!) - and I'm sure you will adjust and then be bothered if she is sick and stays home (!!!LOL!!)

Hope it all went well and she is excited to go for a 2nd day!

LOVE you pretty fall wedding card - the flourish looks wonderful behind the sentiment label and your pins are lovely!

Laurie said...

Wowza! Girl this is gorgeous! I love the trim and the text in the background! Amazing!

Jeanne J said...

So pretty and elegant - love all the trims and that fancy flourish!

Kara said...

gorgeous!!

Cammie said...

Meredith, this is so rich and elegant! Love the design, the rich satin ribbon and the gorgeous lace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...