Friday, September 7, 2012

Thank You...

Hi friends!

Hope you're weekend is off to a good start... ours seems like it will be a quiet one, but usually those are the ones that end up busier than ever, right? We've been experiencing some beautifully sunny and hot days this past week, so the kids are soaking up the last little bit of summer - just as we've put out our fall decor!

Today I have a card that proves how inspiration can come from anywhere. Erin posed the question on the PTI forum about where we find our crafty mojo, and this is one example of how I can be inspired.



You saw the Ballerina Birthday Party that we had a few weeks ago for my little big girl. A good friend gave her this *beautiful* dress for her gift, and the next day, Emma's actual birthday, she wore it out for lunch and a trip to our local little heritage museum to celebrate. As soon as I saw the pattern, I knew I wanted to stamp it!


Oh, how I could eat her.

See the skirt? And this photo does not do this dress justice, I promise you.


I want to do it again! I didn't have the right shade of peacock ribbon, so I settled for green - but if I find a big fat satin ribbon in the right shade, I'll be re-visiting this one for sure.

Here's a close up of the beautiful Sweet Life stamps:



I am in *love* with this set...

So there you have it... inspiration from my kids' clothes. I often see patterns on their clothing that I want to recreate with stamps. They're always so bright and fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Pin It

7 comments:

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card, Meredith! Your daughter is lovely!

Heather Jensen said...

This is beautiful! I use Offray satin ribbon and they have a color that would be perfect. I am not sure where you would get it there but it is at Wal Mart and JoAnn's here. :)

Hugs~

Anne-Elise said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog, Meredith! Your daughter is so cute in her beautiful dress! And so is your card, just gorgeous!

Dana Nelson said...

So lovely!

Linda said...

Wow! The dress, card and, of course, your daughter are all beautiful!

Emma said...

Your daughter is the cutest! Beautiful card, love the fact that you got your inspiration from the dress :)

Geri said...

Oh, my...perfectly beautiful inspiration for a perfectly lovely card, Meredith!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...