Sunday, September 2, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday - She Loves Her Facepaint...

Yes, I know facepaint is probably more like face paint. But there's something about the way Emma says it that made me give in to making it one word.

Sunday means it's time to share a layout with you! This one was an hour stolen to myself to get away from reality these days. I know I am not the only one who has thrown the term "Paper Therapy" around before, but I am learning lately that it really *is* like therapy. Relaxing, refreshing, cathartic...


While wasting spending time on Pinterest last week, I came across a pin that led me to Janna Werner's blog. Um, how have I never visited before? *Endless* inspiration. After watching a little video of her putting together one of her layouts (there are many, and they have their own little tab for you to find them easily), I was craving some time with my scissors.


Look at that girl... this was last summer (!), when we first discovered face painting. As I recorded in my hidden journal tag, we spent some time with Google, some time with YouTube, and then we got ourself a starter kit of paints, then practiced. She will sit for the longest time while I transform her beautiful face into something she thinks is magical.


I loved how Janna roughly cuts all kinds of layers to stack her photos on top of, and how it's kind of perfectly haphazard.



I also tried my first "messy thread thingy" embellishments...


Can you see the sequin cuddling with the little spot of Stickles over there? Yeah, basically I just stole all of Janna's ideas, because I loved her designs so much.

I also recently got some of the alphabet dies from Papertrey Ink, so I used those to create my (purposely mis-spelled) title:




So that's my layout for today... thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!



Pin It

1 comment:

Janna Werner said...

I so love the color scheme of your layout! Great take, I am happy you like the video. Thanks so much for sharing your creation.
Janna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...