Monday, September 17, 2012

Grand Opening: A Delightful Waste of Time Shop!

Well, it's something I've wanted to do for a *long* time, but have always been chicken. What if no one likes me? What if no one thinks my cards are worth paying for? What if no one looks at my shop?

My friend Sarah inspired me. She opened her own shop not that long ago, and she encouraged me to get my own feet wet. So... I took the plunge!



You can visit my tiny little shop here, and I would sure love to know what you think! If you love it, you can always feed my ego... if you hate it, my ego can take it! I just want some objective feedback!

Over time, I hope to add some kits - though you may not see those for a couple of months as things are only going to get more crazy over here in the coming months! I also hope to grow my store to include more than just cards (perhaps albums, or altered items?), but I am going to give this a test run before I dive in all the way!

I am also working on trying to give you, my beautiful readers, a discount! I just have to figure exactly how to apply something to my items. Stay tuned; once I know how to do it, I'll announce a sale!

And on a final note, a photo I just can't wrap my head around:


Sheesh. I had a baby, I blinked, and this happened. But I have to tell you, she *loved* it. There are about 12 kids in her little preschool class, and as they all lined up to enter the classroom, she was one of about only 3 who just hurried off, and didn't need her mum's hand! She was winking at me from her spot in line, and then we shared our secret "I Love You" code before she marched in there, so proud, with her backpack over her shoulder. And while I picked her up before lunchtime, she was still bouncing off the walls with excitement at bedtime. Before she was even buckled into her carseat when I picked her up, she was asking when she gets to go back... so I think we can call it a success!

Her sister, however... she was heartbroken that she didn't get to stay also! So much for "Mum and Josie Time"... I know where I stand! *wink*

Pin It

6 comments:

Geri said...

Your shop looks gorgeous!!! All those pretty colors, layers and textures in one spot...NICE!!! It should definitely stop some shoppers! Your little princess looks gorgeous, too!!

Helen L said...

I popped by to tell you congrats: I saw your name on the Paper Crafts site today, so I'm assuming that you have a published card about to debut. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!! And I spent some time catching up with you by reading some of your last posts. (I've been a bit awol from the blogs lately: I love to sew too, so I bounce between cardmaking and quilting, since I don't have time to do both everyday!) I've also been caught up with my younger daughter, since we've just found out that she is gluten, dairy, egg, and corn sensitive and have been spending much time shopping for new foods that she can eat and finding and trying out new recipes: it has turned our lives upside down for awhile!!
Anyway, back to what I came to say. :-P Time sure does fly when they are little: your daughter looks so adoreable!! Was today a little easier for you? I remember when my youngest went off the kindergarten for the first time and I was all alone: I stood there and wondered what to do with myself. That only lasted about 5 minutes though!! A mom can always find something to do :-D I'll try and keep in touch with you more often: I feel like we connected, and I feel like I've been a bad friend: sorry!! Hugs from Helen

Ruth S said...

Great job with setting up your shop Meredith - it looks fab ;)
(Secret - this is something I am wanting to do as well - but not quite brave enough?? Yet?? hmm, we'll see..)
Big hugs to your brave girlie on her exciting start at preschool too - sounds like she had a great time! Rx

Dana Nelson said...

Such a cutie! What an adorable memory!
And your shop looks lovely! :)

Leigh said...

Your shop looks fabulous, Meredith! Best wishes to you with this new endeavour!

Gail said...

I really like your idea. Fall is really here and your card has the colours of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...