Sunday, September 30, 2012

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour - Sweetness of Friendship...

Happy Monday, my friends! And also, Happy October! I can't believe it's really this far into autumn already. But the good news is that it's the first Monday of the month, which makes it time for another trip around the world with the Flourishes Beautiful World Tour! You should have arrived here from the Flourishes blog, but if you've happened here by chance, go ahead and start back at the beginning!


And don't forget... traveling around the world with us can win you some free stamps! All you have to do is leave a comment on each designer's blog for your chance to win. Of course, there's a slight catch - you don't know which blog the random comment will be drawn from! So make sure you leave comments along the way for your best chance!

This month, Dina is our hostess, and we have been challenged to CASE each other. CASE meaning, of course, Copy And Share Everything! We've all been inspired by other paper crafters in blogland... and I know that for myself, CASE-ing projects has helped me learn so many techniques, and truly discover my own style. Plus, when you're in a slump, a good CASE can get your mojo right back on track!





For my card, I knew almost right away which of my fellow designers I wanted to CASE... Iwona Palamountain is such an amazing designer, and the hard part was figuring out just which project I wanted to draw my inspiration from!

Finally, I went with this one, which I've had pinned forever:



What drew me to this project was the mixture of patterned papers (as I do *adore* patterned papers!), the interesting layout, and of course, the Sunflowers set is one of my favourites - so I was instantly sucked in by that big bloom on the front!



You can see that I stuck fairly closely to Chupa's layout, but I switched things up just enough to keep it my own. I changed the flower out to focus on this sentiment, and I dressed up my bow - because I can't leave a bow well enough alone! - and changed a few other elements to suit my style.

And you know what my favourite part of the whole thing is? The little chomped corner up top! I always forget I have this punch, and it adds so much when I remember to use it... See? CASE-ing is always a good way to stretch out of your comfort zone.

So where better to send you next, then to Chupa herself?


Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance to win!

Pin It

35 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! Love this sentiment, the papers and the pretty bow and lace! Lovely!

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card with a beautiful sentiment.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love the cocoa ribbon with the pink flower on this. Beautiful patterned paper combination.

Sasha said...

Your interpretation of Chupa's card is beautiful, Meredith! I love your colour choices and that sentiment is just so lovely xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards...

Anonymous said...

Your cards are very pretty....nice use of colors. Jan D., Florida

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I like our card *FAR* more than mine!! Gorgeous colours, love the tan ribbon with pink and yellow, plus the distressing. You made my day, girl! :)

Geri said...

PRETTY, Meredith!! Love your colors and that sentiment is certainly worth focusing on!!! Beautiful!!

Becky said...

Both of these are lovely

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love this paper collection, the sentiment is just perfect for it!

Kris Budreau said...

Such a pretty card! Love the paper and colors. Thanks for sharing.

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the sentiment.

Belinda said...

Love your cards, the coloring is so pretty!

Marsha said...

Beautiful, clever use of pattern papers

Cherry's Jubilee said...

lovely!!!!

Betty Wright said...

Super gorgeous, Meredith! Love the blend of patterns and how you topped your bow! Lovely card!

Liza said...

A beautiful card, lovely papers and sentiment.

Liza x

Linda said...

Very pretty, Meredith.

Ravengirl said...

I love your CASE of Chupa's orignal card! It's beautiful and delicate in its own way. I couldn't agree more about the corner chomper being a wonderful tool!

Dottie said...

Awesome cards. I love the diversity of colors you use. Helps me to get out of the rut of monochromatics! LOL.

zehra said...

Beautiful card, I love the sentiment

Leigh said...

Ooh, gorgeous card, Meredith!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What a wonderful card! I like the rounded corner on top, too. I never think to do that!

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is a great case! I love the distressed edge, which really compliments the earth tones. The sentiment is wonderful.

Kathy Jones said...

Meredith your card is FABULOUS!!! Love how you put your own style on Iwona's original, fabulous sentiment and gorgeous colours!!!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Meredith! Love the silky ribbon!

Mary-Anne V said...

This is a great card...love the dressed up bow,distressed edges and the rounded corner. I agree the rounded corner seems to make things just right.

Naomi said...

Meredith, this is SO beautiful! Love the crochet lace trim and the embellishments on the bow!

Hugs,
Naomi

Debi said...

It is gorgeous. I love the pins in the bow. Nice job.

Debi said...

Love it.

Laurie said...

Love the layout and the embellishments!

Anonymous said...

I really love the distressed edges and I'm so into using pins for embellishment right now.
Ronnie in Australia

Anonymous said...

Two super cards - especially as I find it hard to use different patterned papers. Sue in Worcester

Riette said...

I love your blog name :). And so happy I stumbled across it via Flourishes, via an Outlawz member. Your layering is amazing and just perfect.

Mary said...

Awesome cards...Very pretty...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...