Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Surprise Inside...

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday! I have to admit that it's been kind of pushed aside what with everything else that I am dealing with at the moment... but I couldn't let it go by completely unnoticed, could I? So I bought a small token gift card to hold him over until we can celebrate properly, hopefully next weekend.


You might remember this card that I posted closer to the start of the summer, which I made with his birthday in mind. He is super patriotic; loves to be Canadian (we all do!), and so I thought it would be fun to reflect that in his card. What would be better than to create a matching gift card holder?


My friend Sonya lent me the Seed Packet die from Papertrey Ink to make some gift card holders for our craft sale, so I used that to make this quick holder. Completely addicted!

Then I followed the same basic design as the card, and put it all together. So easy!

Here is how perfectly this die works as a gift card holder:



At least he can treat himself to something other than peanut butter and honey when the mood strikes!

Thanks so much for popping in - my laptop battery is threatening to give up on me, so I must leave you... I hope you're having a wonderful week!

Pin It

4 comments:

Geri said...

Awwww...I know he'll love it! Tell him your 'Hoosier' (that's what we're called here in Indiana) friend said 'happy birthday'! and hope you all can celebrate big here soon!!!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Gorgeous...look forward to working with you at PP!

Maureen said...

a very elegant patriotic card! This fellow Canadian is swooning at that maple leaf :)

Sonya said...

Nice card holder. Should I speak up? Have your ears finally stopped ringing?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...